Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Fans???

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Frankly, the additional wild card team is a bad idea, because if there's anything more than a 1 game playoff for the wild card teams, you're going to wind up with baseball in december, and NO playoff series should be a single game.
    I'm not a fan of the idea of having a playoff game for a wildcard spot in the first place, either. Just seems to me like it's there to make a couple extra million dollars from fans for no reason. Yeah I get it, Cards wouldn't be in the post-season now without it, but that's the point of the wild card... it's like a last chance spot. Now it's not even a last chance spot... just adds more stress not only on the teams but the fans also...

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Everyone keeps blaming the "bad call" for the Braves' loss. Even without the "bad call", they had plenty of opportunities to recover and tie (or win) the game... but didn't. They had errors left and right. But fact is the Cardinals just played a better game tonight.

In the future though if they're going to have a wild card playoff they really should make it the best of 3 games.

(Not saying that's what you're saying, Richard, just making a comment in general. I get it that people are upset that they lost, but they did not lose due to one ump's bad call).
    Gotcha, I had just sat down to watch the game and two seconds later 'the call' happened.

I didn't see the whole game, just that play.

--------------------

I really thing that OGPOs suck.

Back in the 80's the Dodgers won their last three games of the season to force a one-game playoff which they lost.

They won all three games with late inning homeruns and crashed and burned in the PO.

A pal of mine had purchased tickets to the Friday game and concert tickets for Saturday.
    I had bought tickets to the Saturday game and when we compared notes, we knew we were going to have to pick the concert or game for Sat night.

But, as the week end series grew closer? They changed the Saturday game time to 10 a.m. so they could get it on the Game of the Week broadcast.

So, we went to the game on Friday night, got hammered, woke up on Saturday about 8, all hung over, went back to the stadium, saw the game, then went to the concert that night.

Late baseball makes me wake up tired.

Great late baseball makes me wake up feeling pretty good.

I am not a huge baseball fan. Actually just started really watching it when the Giants won in 2010, then St Louis last year (I volunteer at Tony LaRussa's animal shelter) and now both Bay Area teams (Giants and A's) are in the playoffs. Both must win game 5 today. It's a crazy time in the Bay!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Cards only need to win one more to advance to round two... The Nationals may have had a stellar regular season, but now they're faltering in the post-season heat!! They're performing so poorly I almost feel sorry for them... But only for a second because I obviously want my Cards to win

facebook

Holding my breath - another game tonight - GO O'S!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Pinot, all of Boston is rooting for your Orioles with you!
    I've Been Frosted

Espeon is ready and rooting for the Cards!!!

facebook

Bye, O's - see you next season - thanks for the first MAGICAL season in 15 years!! Our hearts are broken, but you gave your all.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Espeon is ready and rooting for the Cards!!!

"I, like the Cards, Have nine lives......."

I was so excited last night watching my team win the game after losing most of the way. Good luck Cardinals in the NLCS, you deserve to be there after the miracle you pulled last night.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    I was so excited last night watching my team win the game after losing most of the way. Good luck Cardinals in the NLCS, you deserve to be there after the miracle you pulled last night.
    They don't call us the Cardiac Cardinals (or Comeback Cardinals) for nothin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was CRAZY last night!!!! Everyone was outside shouting and cheering and shooting off fireworks!!!!!

facebook

They don't call us the Cardiac Cardinals (or Comeback Cardinals) for nothin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was CRAZY last night!!!! Everyone was outside shouting and cheering and shooting off fireworks!!!!!
    I was shouting and cheering here in Jersey too, what a game. Can't wait till tonight to see our boys play in the NLCS, Go Cards.

"I've been frosted."

My team is now up 2 games on the Yankees. Too bad the announcers on TBS seemed to forget there were 2 teams involved - it was all about New York

I saw Jeter's fall last night, or rather very early this morning. That was so terrible

I have been rooting for the Tigers to beat the Yankees but if they do get to the WS and play against the Cards, then I will root, of course for my Cardinals. Never liked the Yanks at all.

"I've been frosted."