Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Pet Talk Meeting in Williamston, MI

Donna,
    your comment on rabies shots stirred my brain onto remembering that you will probably at least want to get a booster tetanus shot.

Originally posted by moosmom
    I'm going to a walk-in clinic on my lunch hour just to be on the safe side. Will let you know what they say.

Thank goodness. I was a little concerned her because you had a puncture wound and infection might be an issue.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I recently got a tetanus shot so I'm covered there. I'm going after work to the clinic cuz there's too long a wait. It's infected because the redness has traveled on my hand. They'll probably just give me antibiotics. The cut is healing so I know there won't be any stitches.

Thanks for your concern guys!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well, Donna, I'm worried. I hope it can be cleared up quickly. Please let us know.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Originally posted by moosmom
    I recently got a tetanus shot so I'm covered there. I'm going after work to the clinic cuz there's too long a wait. It's infected because the redness has traveled on my hand. They'll probably just give me antibiotics. The cut is healing so I know there won't be any stitches.

Thanks for your concern guys!
    EEEK!!!! I knew we should of taken ya to the hospital.

Darn sardine juice got in the cut.

Tammy had told me that the tabby was owned, but if they let her roam free like that and unaltered, I wouldn't risk saying that they have her shots updated, if given at all. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Great to meet you too, Donna! Sorry about your hand, but glad your new kitty brings you happiness.

Kim......."I renamed her Zam after my favorite Bounty Hunter from the Star Wars universe. "

WHAT?!?!?! GRRRRRRRR

Originally posted by Fett
    Kim......."I renamed her Zam after my favorite Bounty Hunter from the Star Wars universe. "

WHAT?!?!?! GRRRRRRRR

Fine... favorite FEMALE bounty hunter.

Everyone knows my favorite Male bounty hunter is Jango. LOL!

Did I miss something? You guys got new kitties And got to meet each other?!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm a little confused too, but I'm glad you had fun!

Any news on the doctors visit??
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Gosh Donna I do hope your finger is healing. Cat bites are not something to play with.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves!!! Sweet!!
    AND please come to our meeting we would LOVE to have you!!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Since we haven' heard from you, I really hope that you are ok. Please let us know!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Hi everybody!

My finger looks pretty nasty. I left work early yesterday because I kept banging the damn thing. I waited an hour and a half at this totally incompetent walk-in clinic and finally left. I ended up going to Wyandotte Urgent Care Center. I was in an out in an hour. The doctor told me that animal bites are nothing to take lightly. They can do more damage in less than 48 hours if not taken care of properly. I knew I should've poured Jack Daniels on it!!

They put me on antibiotics (Augmentin at $84!!) and marked my arm telling me if the redness goes past it to get my butt back to the ER. I got up this morning and the redness is subsiding. The doctor wants me to have the series of rabies vaccines but I don't know. I'm a baby but it might not be such a bad idea, especially after what Kim said about the cat roaming and questioning whether her shots are up to date. I'll let you know more when I talk to the doctor. Like I said, don't worry, I'll live.

Shais_mom,

I talked to Kim last night and I would LOVE to go to the meeting. I can even drive if there are others who would like to go. We can do a caravan. I'm excited about meeting everyone! This is going to be SO cool!!

Eli is doing well and has an apetite like a horse. I was supposed to bring him to the vet this morning at 10:30 but have to put it off. He's a little lovebug once you pick him up but he's still scared and hides under the bed. He's VERY vocal when he's hungry though.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Glad to hear that the redness is subsiding. Good luck if you decide on the rabies shots.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Donna, I'm happy to hear the redness is subsiding.

Zam has been getting pretty vocal about her feeding times now too....so that must be where Eli gets it from.