Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A tribute to Boomer

A tribute to Boomer

RIP my dear Boomer.

Boomer joined our family in Japan as a skittish and anxious cat who was afraid of his own shadow. Through the years we added skin kids and moved him around the world and back again. He moved from Japan to Ohio, from Ohio to Texas, from Texas to Germany, and from Germany back to Ohio. Leaving him behind was never a real possibility, he was too much a member of our family!

He was always gentle and sweet. He loved his skin brothers and was always nearby for a snuggle or a Boomer-flop in the middle of the hallway. I will always remember me sweet Boomer and all of the adventures we had together.

Over the summer, Boomer began to lose a little bit of weight but still behaved normally. In the beginning of August he took a turn for the worse and started dropping weight at a shocking pace. On a particularly bad weekend he began vomiting foam and we rushed him to the ER vet. After an exam and blood draw we were told that he had Pancreatitis and that there was really nothing we could do other than supportive care.

We brought our baby home and syringe fed him for nearly a month before we were able to come to terms with the fact that he simply wasn't getting better and had no quality of life left in him. We made the heart wrenching decision to end poor Boomer's misery and send him off to the rainbow bridge.

This happened several weeks ago but I am just now getting to the point where I can go through old pictures of him without sobbing like a baby. Sooner doesn't seem to notice anything is wrong, which I suppose is good?? They always seemed to just tolerate each other...

I love you Boomer. Play hard at the bridge

What a fine-looking cat you are, Boomer. Rest in peace at the Rainbow Bridge, you are greatly loved.

My very deepest sympathy to your family who loves and misses you so much. You are all together in love for always.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

No no no no noooooooooo! Not our Boomer! I'm so sorry for your lose. You gave him a good life and never thought of leaving him behind thru all your moves. Play hard Boomer. You're shared stories will always be remembered by me. LES.

Oh NO. I am so so so sorry.

Boomer, the handsome, stunning boy who traveled so much and was so mellow. I remember his trip from Japan.

In spite of your own pain, you did what was best for your boy.

Beautiful Boomer - play free and happy at the Bridge.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to hear about Boomer. RIP Boomer and play hard at the Bridge.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh, I am so sorry to see this post. I loved seeing updates about Boomer. He was a world traveler, for sure! (hugs) for you all.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

So sorry for your loss. May it be comfort that Boomer is playing hard at the RB.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'm very sorry about Boomer. I remember 'following' his trip from Japan back to the US. Have fun at the Bridge Boomer.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Rest in peace, dear boy. You were loved by all of Pet Talk, and we remember you well and always will.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry.

I, too, remember tracking him from Japan, to Houston - right before a hurricane, and on to Ohio where your Mom met him at the airport.

Have fun at The Bridge, Boomer - and don't forget to get your Passport stamped. You have to be one of the most traveled cats up there

I'm so very sorry...RIP, Boomer.

I remember Boomer's story very well. I am still so glad you could bring him over from Japan and that he could stay a member of your family.
    I am so sorry that he passed away. I always saw him as a relative of Tigris and so they can finally meet an Rainbow Bridge.

From a cat afraid of his shadow, to world traveler - not bad! Boomer sure did select the right family. "Leaving him behind was never a real possibility, he was too much a member of our family!" How well we here on PT understand.

Boomer had a life he could never have imagined, you gave him that gift. And in return, he gave you the Boomer- flop! Oh I love that, I can just picture it.

Boomer, you have a new world to explore now, enjoy yourself at RB.

I am sorry for your loss. You did so much for him, right to the end. And as you say, hold on to all those adventures!

So sorry for your loss. Boomer had a fabulous life, his eyes in the photos relfect a very content, happy guy. You'll be missed Boomer.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl