Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How they sleep in funny positions...

How they sleep in funny positions...

I would like to see some pictures of how your cats sleep in funny positions.

Here's Snowy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's a picture of Jerry in the '60's. Was sitting up, then needed to nap.

Former User Guest
    This is the funniest position I've ever seen 2 cats asleep! I was so fortunate to get this pic, I still can't belive I managed. They are both in the dreamland... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Former User; 11-13-2002 at 05:15 AM.

That is WILD!
    If I even lower my head for five seconds I get a head rush. How can they sleep like that? And why are they both doing it in the same way at the same time? Spooky!

Originally posted by rosethecopycat

That is WILD!
    If I even lower my head for five seconds I get a head rush. How can they sleep like that? And why are they both doing it in the same way at the same time? Spooky!
    LOL!! I agree - I wish I could find, copy and post one of the funniest pics I ever saw - but it's probably copywrited since it was on a calendar -
    Two white kittens, in a cinderblock that was standing on end - one kitten in the top hole, head hanging over the endge, the other in the bottom hole, the butt hanging out - then they showed the other side of the block, yep! Butt hanging out on top, head sticking out on the bottom!! It was precious! Can't post the pic, but you all have good imaginations being cat people, so you can picture it mentally!!!!!!!

I think sleeping is for two or more cats like a yawn is for two or more people - contagious!!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by rosethecopycat

That is WILD!
    Beats me, first I thought they were staring at something, but nope, sound asleep they were...

Hope Bodhi doesn't have flatulance. Love Kasper and Kitty's pose. Too much catnip......maybe a catnip hang-over

Suddenly, when he least expected it, he fell asleep while walking through the living room. That's our GABE!

Well, what can I say, these two look so comfy. One more comfy than the other!

A pile of kittens. Graemer and Miley are the two hugging. Of course. Their littermate sister, Virginia, is to the right. The other furry things were Blue Abys from a different litter, being nursed by G & M's mom cat.

I think Casper & Kitty win this category hands down, but Graemer & MIley and all those kittens in a basket...how cute can you get?

This is of Ritzy and what I always think looks like a cat sucking its thumb, ....with that paw curled over the nose.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Originally posted by sasvermont

Suddenly, when he least expected it, he fell asleep while walking through the living room. That's our GABE!

This is what we refer to as "kitty in the shoe" sleepy. We once had a black and white kitten (pre-ritzy) who would run crazy around the house, like kittens do, but she liked to play inside the work boots...she would dive in head first with just her little rear and tail sticking out, digging around for...who knows???

We were watching this once and all of a sudden, her backside just went limp and flopped over to one side...we thought, OH NO, she lost oxygen and passed out or died....
    Nope, we gently turned the shoe over on its side and eased the kitten out, only to be greeted with a stretch and a purr, then right back to sleep.

So now, whenever we have a long day and are exhausted, we refer to it as "kitty in the shoe sleepy"...like you could just drop and sleep anywhere. I envy this in cats...wish it could be so simple for us.

Wow, GABE musta been really really tired!!! What do you make that poor boy do? Play all day???

Cat Naps

All of my cats are capable of being wild and wooly one moment and sound asleep the next. I think this is known as cat napping. They do a power sleep for a short period of time. Actually, cats have very small hearts so sleeping is a favorite past time for them. I don't know about dogs.

Don't you just love all these photos? Seems as though every topic is requiring a photo of some sort.

I LOVE IT! I love seeing everyones' furry friends. I just know how much my three mean to me and it is fun to see that I am not the only one who spends way, way too much time with her pets and one who allows THEM to rule the roost.

Originally posted by Freckles
    Here's a picture of Jerry in the '60's. Was sitting up, then needed to nap.

Aww cmon, confess, who HASN'T done this a time or two in their lives

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Just wanted to comment on how great these pictures are>