Thread: Married 72 Years

Married 72 Years

Wow, amazing story of a couple married 72 years. Didn't know this kind
    of couple existed anymore. Bless their hearts.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/iowa-couple...ef=abc-fb-recs
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It is an amazing accomplishment. My parents are 79 and 80 years old and have been married for 63 years. They are an inspiration!

Back in those days, getting married at 18 wasn't the big deal it would be now. Now people think Paul and I got married way young, and we were both 22!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    She supported him in all he did & they were a team. A very unselfish & giving couple. It was true

Aww what a sweet love story. Karen... always such a downer.

My grandparents were together almost 65 years. My grandfather passed away last year (just before christmas... this will be the first christmas without him). I can't imagine what that was like for my grandmother. to go from living with the same man for almost 65 years to nothing in the blink of an eye. there was no warning. he got sick and that night he passed away. but she's the toughest lady I know and she's striving. it's been a battle for her but she's keeping on keeping on.

He was such a wonderful man and full of life until his very last day. I remember when Hannah was 2 years old and my grandfather would have been 92 years old, we went to visit. during that visit Hannah was all ver exporing their apartment. I kept getting up to follow her to make sure she wasn't getting into anything but Grandpa insisted I sit and visit... he had everything under control. There he was... following a 2 year old around showing her the apartment and playing with her... at 92 years of age. I have a photo of him and I when I was just a bit younger than Hannah at the time and I am holding his fingers and he's helping me walk. Now I have a similar picture of my grandfather and my daughter...even though he was 92 trying to keep up with an active 2 year old What a man. he's the greatest man I've ever known. Absolutely a devoted family man until the very very end. I am blessed to have a father that follows in his fathers footsteps and Hannah is VERY blessed to have a father who strives to be as devoted.

I'm sorry... kinda got on a tangent there lol but my grandfather was a wonderful man and I don't know that I've properly honored his memory lately.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    I'm sorry... kinda got on a tangent there lol but my grandfather was a wonderful man and I don't know that I've properly honored his memory lately.
    You just did...hugs...
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

My parents would have been married 63 years in Nov. but my dad passed away in August.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    You just did...hugs...
    Thank you HUGS

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    My parents would have been married 63 years in Nov. but my dad passed away in August.
    aww I'm sorry. Wow 63 years. What an accomplishment

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Oh man, I am in tears from the story and then from Sparks' story too.

What got me was they probably could have lived much longer. A car accident is what took their lives. Such a sweet story. Ok, I have to go fix my make up now (I am at work!).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awesome!

My grandparents were married for almost 70 years when my grandfather passed away. As Sparks said, I can't imagine being with someone that long and then have them gone. My grandfather was only sick 10 days before he passed just shy of his 91st birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had LES when I read this story.

My great grandparents were married 72 years also before grandma passed. Grandpa spent a little time traveling to visit his great grandkids, and then joined her. I remember the party we threw for their 70th anniversary, it was so wonderful. They adored each other, and they inspire me to this day. My grandparents are going on 54 years, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Back in those days, getting married at 18 wasn't the big deal it would be now. Now people think Paul and I got married way young, and we were both 22!
    We met a woman who got married at the age of 14

wow... these two were a great team! It's beautiful how they held on to each other throughout their lives and even when they passed away...

Wow that is really amazing. You just don't hear that kind of longevity nowadays.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."