Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Lauren Dayle

Introducing Lauren Dayle

For those that have not seen on facebook, I wanted to intorduce the newest Pet Talker, Lauren Dayle. Sorry for the long post, but putting 50+ hours of excitement into short form is tough work!

Lauren’s Birth story –
    Thursday afternoon, October 6, I was sitting in a meeting, and staring to feel uncomfortable. Not unusual for being 37 weeks pregnant, but very glad when the meeting wrapped up early. I thought sure if I went to use the bathroom, things would be better. I did that, and headed back to my desk, with the pain increasing. I tried to work on a project that was needed that afternoon but was finding it increasingly difficult to focus as the contractions became stronger and I was starting to sweat. I knew I was not in labor, these were just in my lower abdomen, more like Braxton-Hicks were described to me, not at all like “true” labor. I finally had enough for the day and left work early.
    Driving home on Toledo’s rough roads did nothing to make things better, and by the time I got home I was close to tears. I called Ralph, who was out playing golf and asked him to come home. By the time he got there, things were getting better, but I was still in pain. Though I had been sick to my stomach, I managed to keep some mac and cheese down and around 10 we called it a night. By 11 however, I couldn’t get it out of my mind that I should not be in this much pain and perhaps a had an infection or a kidney stone, so I woke Ralph up and off to the hospital we went. They confirmed what we believed ( I was not in labor) and after checking on the baby (everything perfect) and clearing me of infection, they sent us home around 3 am saying it was probably gas and the baby laying in an uncomfortable spot (the equivalent of “Rub some dirt on it or “walk it off”).
    Friday morning I went into work around 11 for a meeting and to finish up some projects (and for a cook-out planned!). As the afternoon wore on, I again became less and less comfortable, this time with a feeling like my whole stomach was contracting and would not release. By 3, I couldn’t take it and home I went. Ralph tried all evening to help me get comfortable but nothing was…not sitting, standing, laying, walking. Even the shower barely relaxed me. I paced most of the night and about 4 am Saturday woke Ralph up and said we are going back to the hospital.
    This time, we were taking to a labor room rather then triage. The nurse was very concerned about the tightness of my belly, and only slightly relieved my worries when she attached the monitor and “WE still have a heartbeat, that’s a good sign!” To hear her talk, we felt like we could be in a C-section within the hour, so Ralph called my parents (at 6 am on a Saturday!). The doctor came in and was a little more calm. I was only 1 cm dilated and contractions were not regular. She was off shift at 7 am, so she gave orders to start me on Nubane and then soon we saw another doctor. She also felt we were not in labor, but she was extremely concerned about the 12 cm fibroid I explained was at the base of my cervix. She felt this was causing the pain and seemed to know there was no way I could go 3 weeks with this, but wanted to let me work out final plans with my doctor Monday. Pain management was the key and she sent me off with Tylenol 3.
    By this time my parents had arrived and Ralph’s sister and mom were making plans too. It became all hands on deck at the house…washing baby clothes, arranging furniture, cleaning, getting ready for a baby that suddenly didn’t seem so far away. While chaos ensued around me, I sat in the chair, feeling only slightly better and still almost vomiting at every bite of food, eating only enough to get something in my stomach to take the Tylenol.
    By about 6:30 pm, things were getting worse again. We started timing contractions and it wasn’t long before we realized that they were about 1 minute in duration and between 3 and 4 minutes apart. Ralph suggested I walk around a bit and see if they got better or worse so we knew what to do. After about 5 minutes I said we are going to the hospital. Frantically, we (and I mean “they”, Ralph, his mom, sister, my parents) worked out what cars were going where, what was needed for a make shift overnight bag, etc.
    We arrived at the hospital (for the 3rd time in <48 hours!) at about 8:30 pm. I was taken to triage and found to be 4-5 cm dilated, -1 station. The doc insisted on checking for herself. Don’t know if she didn’t trust the nurse or what but she confirmed, this baby is coming! I was moved to a delivery room and things were started to get an IV going. As nurses were discussing if I needed blood work ( I just had it this morning, and had not taken off my ID band from the morning), I was quickly dilating to 7 cm. I asked for an epidural and couldn’t believe how long it was taking them to get things moving. Didn’t they know this baby was coming now? The doctor asked me how I was and I told her ready to push. She seemed skeptical, but checked “just in case”. Yep, 10 cm, 0 station, all systems go. She asked if I was ready to do this without drugs, and I said looks like it. Now everything was a blur. People came from everywhere, beds was being torn apart, it was all a blur! Finally they said I could push. Each time I was allowed 3 pushes for 10 seconds. I felt like I had a whole auditorium cheering for me, counting to ten each time. Of course, I wanted to go more and get it done, but they kept telling me to save my strength and wait for my body to be ready again. We went through this cycle about 4 times and then there was a baby’s scream. It’s a girl! Lauren Dayle entered the world at 10:10 pm, Saturday October 8 weighing 6 lbs. 14 oz, and 20 inches long.

The pictures taken at the Hospital on Lauren’s second day can be viewed here: http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortrai...wnshare_button Password is 518601371470432
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	264.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	523.3 KB 
ID:	47735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	280.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	47736  

Congratulations! She is beautiful!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I guess there is a lesson here: Lauren does what LAUREN wants, doesn't matter what the docs or the books say. So BEWARE, Mom and Dad , lol!!!

Congratulations, she looks great and you too.

Oh my goodness, you all look wonderful! The baby is beautiful. Lauren Dayle...love it!

You will have so much fun dressing her. I noticed the other day when my daughter and I were shopping that the little girls' clothes have gotten so cute and fashionable.

Congrats!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world Lauren Dayle! Congrats to the new mommy and daddy! Lauren is precious!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Woo Hoo another PT baby member.. Many Congrats on Your Bundle of Joy.. She is so Precious..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Awww, congrats!! She is beautiful!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Welcome to the world, baby Lauren Dayle! You've landed yourself in a good home, with two parents and three canine siblings all ready to love you!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations to everyone

She's adorable - LOVE her name - now the fun begins

Congratulatons! She is a beautiful baby girl. I also love her name!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Lauren Dayle - can you feel the love?

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Welcome to a new little Pet Talker - Lauren Dayle. What a pretty name! Congratulations to you Amy, and of course hubby too, since he definitely played a roll in this whole deal! Wishing all of you, nothing but the very best!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Awwwww, she is precious. Welcome to the world Lauren Dayle.
    Congratulations to you both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Congratulations! She is beautiful.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Congrats on the newest addition! Welcome to Pet Talk, beautiful Lauren Dayle!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!