Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's Fister??

How's Fister??

How's our Fister doing?

Randi? John? How is our sweet orange boy doing?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Thanks for asking! He's doing great now - still on diet food and we're boiling his drinking water, but he may have to have the operation. Wish we could avoid it!!

He's running around and seems quite happy now.

He won't be happy next week though, we're taking a vacation and he'll be in a pension, but it will be in connectiom to the vet hospital. We're actually planning to have him operated while we're away - 2 days before we get back, so we can spoil him after. He will probably have to wear a cone, like Boots. We'll see what they say! Going there tomorrow to have a chat with them.

Will let you know when and what we decide.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm glad he's doing better....saying prayers for a complete healing if he undergoes surgery.

Enjoy your vacation! Where will you be going?

We'll be going to Spain (Andalucia) - and we'll meet another member of PT!! We may even post while there!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

How fun!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time!

I'd been wondering about sweet Fister too. I'm glad he's feeling better. I'll keep you all in my prayers until you and he are all safely home and together again. Have a great vacation. Noahsmommy, thanks for this thread.

Randi and John and Fister,
    Enjoy your vacation in Spain. I hope Fister's sir jury goes well, and we will look forward to the update!

Im so glad hes doing better. have a wonderful trip

whats a cone??

Have a super holiday Randi & John !!!

And Fister , cheer up young man (cat) , mom and dad will be back before you know it !!I hope you have fun at the pension ...

Prayers on the way for Fister for a successful surgery. Boy will he be happy to see you when you return from vacation! Have a wonderful time and try not to worry too much about him when you are gone - Pet Talkers will be praying for him! Plus, orange boys are just little toughies!

Lut - I enjoy your ever changing signature. You find the cutest little images!

Hello All! We've been to the place today, where Fister is going to spend a week! The woman who is running it, is quite nice and professional. There are three different rooms for the cats, one for old cats who wants peace and quiet, one for cats who are a bit more sociable - they can go out in a little fenced yard, with climbing trees etc. - and then there are suites, these are rather large and have trees and such. They are mostly used for more than one cat, coming from the same home.

Fister can be taken over to be operated, hopefully one of the first days there (it's on the same premises) and can come back and relax in the pension after.

I'm having a hard time accepting it is necesary to have him operated, but our own vet also says it's the best. It's even more difficult now that he's feeling so good. He's running around, playing and seems to enjoy himself!

John will talk to the vet at the hospital and arrange when it's going to be done.

We'll be taking Fister there on thursday and leave friday morning. I hope we can stop worrying while we're on holiday! They say that this operation is done quite often and that cats quickly adjusts to the new situation afterwards - but the mere thought of what poor Boots had to go through!

Tough Cookie! A cone is one of those things they have to wear around the head to prevent them from licking their scars. - Take a look at "Boots the kat .... " thread and you'll know what it's all about!

Here's a recent picture of Fister.

Originally posted by Randi

I'm having a hard time accepting it is necesary to have him operated, but our own vet also says it's the best. It's even more difficult now that he's feeling so good. He's running around, playing and seems to enjoy himself!
    Isn't that one handsome fellow?
    As hard as it is, if he has to have the surgery, it will be easier on him to have it done while he is feeling good and not having to fight infection at the same time. He'll be stronger too and have an easier time of it. Course, I'd be worried my own self if he were mine. Good luck!

Randi and John, I hope you have a great vacation and I sure hope that Fister's surgery goes well. Prayers are on the way.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation, and we'll all be thinking about our Fister boy during his operation. I agree with MOFF that it will be easier on him if he is feeling good rather than have to fight multiple things all at one time. If your vet and everyone agrees, it must be for the best, and you'll just have to think of those bad times when he had to be flushed out to remind yourself that it's for his good that you're doing this. I'm sure he'll be fine, but we'll all be waiting with baited breath until you get back and give us news on how he's doing.

Enjoy Spain!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thanks! Nita and I may be posting a few reports from Sevilla - perhaps even pics!