Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On-brink-of-cat: Please celebrate with me PT friends

It might take a little time.. they're probably very shy after all the changes in their lives recently.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It sound like things are going well and I'm sure you'll be getting some cuddles from your boys very soon. I too hope to see some pictures of your boys.

Thanks, all. I'm trying not to get discouraged. The boys have had huge changes in their lives over the last few months. (But I did hope they would come around sooner than they have. )
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLee View Post
    Thanks, all. I'm trying not to get discouraged. The boys have had huge changes in their lives over the last few months. (But I did hope they would come around sooner than they have. )
    It took Charlie (who used to be a Calvin) several months before he came around. He had a hard time before we adopted him. But, I am so grateful we did. He's a velcro kitty. Wherever I go, he is my shadow. When I go to the other room, he follows. When I get up to go to the little girls room at night and come back to bed, all I hear is a series of "meow, meow, meow" until I lay down and start petting him.

I know you want them to be there with you showing love and affection, but give them a little time. It will happen. Don't give up on them.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

It took Kimba about 4 months to really adjust. He had been abandoned twice and he just wasn't ready to trust people. I couldn't blame him at all! Now, he's the biggest lover of all my cats. Just loves laps and gives almost non-stop head bumpies and purrs. It will happen, just give it some time. Loves and kisses to your boys.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thank you for the encouragement. My head agrees with you, but my heart hoped for a faster response. Boy, what an unreasonable heart, eh?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

I would try playing with them as much as possible

I bet it is hard to want them to be lovey dovey and yet they are not yet. I would buy a laser pen and a few fishing pole type toys, where they need you to be at the other end, to play. They will associate you with the toys. I would also give them treats at the same time. If they didn't have each other, they may have been friendlier too, but it IS nice to have them be happy with just each other for the time being.

My cats go through stages of being friendly and then not so much. They have their moods and rules.

I hope they boys get friendly soon! I would hate to have your heart break!

My advice is play, play, play!

Good luck.

I hadn't thought of the treats WITH the pole toys and the laser games. Hmmm. One of the boys is fascinated by the laser light, the other is VERY dubious. Babysteps of progresses ... a heck of a lot slower than I'd hoped for/dreamed of.

If it is in them, they will accept cuddles in their own time. Play is good.

Jane was 5 months when I rescued her so she adapted fairly quick. Bob and Emily are adults and I have had them for 3 months tomorrow. Bob is learning to play and he started that first. My kittehs taught him to play. Now he does sleep with me on the bed sometimes and will get up on a low cat furniture for some scritches. He doesn't like to be approached for lovies and still doesn't like to be picked up. I'm working on it.

Emily will let you hold her for a minute, but then wants down. She sleeps on the pillow next to me. She does not like other cats. She's been 13 years on her own.

Keep on trying. y'all will get there.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Dual cat fondling breakthrough at my house today. Happy tears, finally! Hoping for a cuddling session, soon.

Dual cat fondling breakthrough at my house today. Happy tears, finally! Hoping for a cuddling session, soon.
    That's terrific news!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

This is wonderful news!!!

I'm happy for you and your two new big fur babies. I'm looking forward to seeing photos. Be patient and they will be good cuddlers.

All Right! Cuddles are on the way. One day at a time! Emily and Bob have taught me that.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thanks for your good wishes and encouragement. I've really needed them this past week. Off to fondle my darlings now, assuming there's been no back sliding!