Thread: Prue and the mud - no photos :(

Prue and the mud - no photos :(

I took Prue to the dog park yesterday. I knew she was going to the groomer today, so the dirt/mud issue just wasn't a problem.

About 1/2 an hour into the time there, Prue found the one and only huge mud puddle left from the run off of the water hose used to give the dogs drinks. It was pure mud with a little water.

A puppy did the dive first. Head first belly flop into the mud. Everyone howled at the sight. I thought it was funny too. Then Prue dove in. She too went head first and then sank all the up to her back. She loved it. It cooled her off and it was just what she wanted. She went from a pretty tan doggie to a muddy brown within seconds. The comments from the other dog parents were priceless. They did not envy me.

So, after the fur dried a bit, I loaded her in the car, in the back and drove home to fill the baby pool to clean her up a bit. She resisted me hosing her down with the cold water, but so what. She made the water brown and dried a bit lighter. She still stinks from it. The groomer has her work cut out for her.

I had wished I had taken a photo of her. She looked homeless at best. Just a horrible mess. It was funny but also sad to see such a pretty pup totally uncaring about how she looked and smelled.

A couple of dogs there took the plunge later, but none to the degree Prue did. She really enjoyed it. Awful, just awful.

(((((Prue)))))

Ah, the simple joys of being a dog!
    I've Been Frosted