Thread: Petco Boycott/picket anyone?

Petco Boycott/picket anyone?

http://www.pressconnects.com/article...als-lost-flood

Been reading about this on CL, the employees volunteered to evac the animals from the store and take them home, but management refused. They state they weren't aware there was any imminent danger from the flood, which is BS, as every time the river rises, it floods that area. Their statements that it was a sewage backup and not riverwater is ridiculous, I guess the other stores in the plaza had a couple of feet of "sewage backup" as well?
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 09-11-2011 at 12:31 AM.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Satur...129586498.html

The picture at the top of the story is the parking lot in front of the store.

That would be the worst "sewage backup" of all times. The area floods, they KNOW the area floods, someone should be brought up on animal cruelty charges.

We saw that story - how dreadful! I mean, it's not like these were random strangers offering to evacuate the animals, they were employees! And they should have at least given the okay to put all the animals as high up as they safely could just in case ...

Needless death is never okay.
    I've Been Frosted

Totally needless. You're right; they should be brought up on animal cruelty charges. This could have been avoided.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What a shame! If it's not safe for humans to stay, it's not safe for animals to stay either!!! No excuse for this!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

How terrible. That manager should face the consequences of her bad
    decision. She should lose her job & the store should have a heavy fine
    for cruelty to animals. I'll bet that would shake up Corporate Headquarters.
    She wasn't running a shoe store, there were animal lives at stake.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What really irritates me is the statements from corp HQ's trying to make it sound like they did everything to avoid this and it was Johnson City's fault that this happened.

Most of the area knew it was going to flood there on Wednesday afternoon. Complete and total carelessness.

Won't be setting foot in their stores forever, especially when the owner of a locally owned store was running around in a kayak rescuing the animals from their store.

Exactly - next time I am near one, though, I will go inside and ask to speak to the manager in protest. That part of Binghamton is like it's at the bottom of a bowl - of COURSE it's gonna flood!
    I've Been Frosted

What bothered me about the whole thing was when the manager said,

"We are investigating why we did not receive those evacuation orders from the city if this area was known to flood in the past," she wrote. "Had we been aware of potential flooding, we would have removed all of the animals from the store as we do in all other locations."

Hello, since when to you need a notice for common sense, if you are aware that the area is prone to flooding then that should have been your first priority in the situation. I for one would rather have moved all the animals and found out that I didn't need too than not and have that carelessness happen.
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

this is horrible, and totally inexcusable in a place like that.

The management, of that store and of other stores and in the front office, should hear about this loud and clear. And the word should be gotten out to the general public and potential customers loud and clear, also.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    What really irritates me is the statements from corp HQ's trying to make it sound like they did everything to avoid this and it was Johnson City's fault that this happened.

I hope the area residents let the store's HQ know that they aren't
    buying their BS. If that manager had a ounce of common sense, it needn't
    have happened at all.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That's disgusting!!!

They had a gas leak in the PetSmart in Manchester, where there are shelter cats. They evacuated all the employees, but never bothered with the cats!!!

@$$holes!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!