Thread: Outta Here!!

Outta Here!!

Well not til February 15, 2012 but the flights are booked! We're going to Roatan, Honduras for ten days. Not nearly long enough, but Stuart can get that long off work for sure and we have 2 dogsitters confirmed for that time period. We've never gone away in the winter before. I can not tell you how much I am looking forward to escaping the dark!

This year has sucked for us; since last fall we've lost 7 dogs & a cat. I would not be suprised if a couple more dogs move on before we leave, heartbroken but not suprised. We've got several dogs well into their 14th year! Late February is a crappy time of year for us. If something bad is going to happen, it will be then...Hoodoo died, Delta disappeared, Hobo got chewed on by the wolf, Bandit got killed, Mac & Ozzy died.....February sucks plus it's cold and dark. If something crappy is going to happen this year, it can happen to me while I'm drinking margaritas on a beach!

Stuart has been gone since April and won't be home for more than a day or two until November at the earliest. He's working his butt off! I've had to scrape frost of my windshield every day for the last week. I can hardly wait to spend a few days with my hubby somewhere where the sun comes up and the temperature gets above 0C!!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Yay! Hope your trip is a good one; and I know you'll take lots of pictures

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

It sounds as if both of you deserve a vacation in the sun very much. Have fun!!!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    If anyone deserves a bit of sunshine, you guys do! Enjoy it! Can't wait to see photos.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I can just see your grin as you are typing this! We once went to Hawaii in late January, and it was an odd feeling to leave Boston in single digits (Fahrenheit) and landing on the Big Island in 80-degree temperatures!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I can just see your grin as you are typing this!!
    Me too! Now you get to enjoy the anticipation!

You guys definitely deserve a vacation after the year you've had. I hope the remainder of the year isn't too hard on you.

Have fun and I look forward to pictures and stories of your wonderful vacation. Wow, I have to wait 5 months? Oh yeah, so do you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    If anyone deserves a bit of sunshine, you guys do! Enjoy it! Can't wait to see photos.
    Well said! A bright and sunny vacation for two very deserving people. I'm so excited for you guys!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Boy if that isn't right for sure You Deserve A Vacation

I am sorry that you have had so much sadness this year - next year will be better by starting off with a great vacation.