Thread: Major LIFE CHANGES making life a mess UPDATED #19

Threaded View

Major LIFE CHANGES making life a mess UPDATED #19

So... last year 168 teachers were laid off. That meant that many of us were moved around helter skelter against our wills, to fill positions that were vacated. My position was changed 4 xs within 1 month. I went from teaching middles school, to teaching two middle schools, to teaching two upper class elementary schools, to teaching 2 lower class elementary schools (one right outside of the projects). I think the thing that is causing the most anxiety is the fact that I was moved from middle to elementary school without my consent. I know it's better than having no job.... I just am not transitioning well.

Well, to make matters worse, I am now getting severe migraines that are going along with my stress and anxiety. I'm on Topamax daily to try to calm down the migraines, but that has to build up in my system. I also have Maxalt to take, as Sumavel dose pro. They work well, but not fast enough to get me to school on time, and they are not handling the symptoms that are coming along with the migraines, the not being able to handle light, moving fast, throwing up, thinking clearly. I have a follow up with my neuro doc in a month, and I'm hoping that things are better by then, but for now, things are just horrible.

I need to be able to make it to work. I don't want to run out of sick days again like last year. That was horrible and cut into my finances so badly I had a hard time making my mortgage and car payment... I'm still playing catch up with them!!!

To make matters worse, my boyfriend gets angry with ME when I get a migraine and will avoid me when I get them. He'll spend the night at the cabin in Sunny Rest and just not talk to me. Or stay down here and not talk to me as punishment or give me a lecture about finances and all these things I already know and feel horrible about. I feel bad enough already, I just don't know what to do any more.
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 12-11-2011 at 04:32 AM.