Thread: Found 7 stray puppies

Hybrid View

Found 7 stray puppies

Friday I was driving by the local dumpsters and what did I see? 7 little male puppies. Now I know these are not lost puppies. People around here are ALWAYS dropping off puppies they don't want, like they are trash. They were really skinny and look to be about 6 weeks old. When I fed them they acted like they were used to having to fight each other for their food, like they had never had enough for all of them. That made me really sad. And they were so filthy that when I bathed them I had to shampoo them twice just to get all the dirt off. I had just planned on taking them home, keeping them overnight, and taking them to a shelter the next morning. But the shelter may not have any room for them. The lady told me that I could have them put to sleep but I just couldn't do that, they're just babies. I'm supposed to hear back from them tomorrow or Tuesday to see if they have any room. Buying food for them AND our dogs is expensive and I don't know how long I can do it for, so maybe if they don't have room I can foster them and they can help with the food. I posted a link to pictures of them. I know that they have Red Tick in them since a couple of them look just like Red Tick dogs, but I just can't put a name to the other breed(s) that is in them. Any ideas?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...ceef1bb&type=1

No clue what they may be, but bless you for taking them in when they would have fared so poorly without you. You are an angel for sure.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Beagle and shepherd would be my guess, they are just a bit fuzzier than either a Red Tick or a Beagle, but they could be all three!

They are beautiful, thanks so much for saving them! I hope they are able to find homes!
    I've Been Frosted

What beautiful puppies! It's so sad that someone dumped them . I'm glad you found them and took them in. I hope things work out for the little guys.

I agree with Karen, they look like they might have some beagle in them.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

It's hard to tell at this age, they look like coonhound mixes to me. Super cute, thanks for helping them! It's a good idea to get them fixed before they go to their new homes or have a rescue help you place them and help fix them.

ETA: see if there is a hound rescue in your area and see if they can place them. They may have people on a waiting list wanting a hound that is a puppy.
    Last edited by luvofallhorses; 09-04-2011 at 09:40 PM.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

They're all so adorable and thanks for taking them in. I hope that you'll be able to find them all the loving caring forever homes that they deserve. Good luck.

My best guess would be cattle dog/beagle perhaps. But they could have more than 2 breeds in the mix certainly. They are cuties and I hope they receive wonderful homes.

Here's a picture of a red cattle dog pup.

http://pics.hoobly.com/full/1LUK29V14RZC3ZP2D2.jpg

They can also have more than one father.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge