Thread: New Dog Park

New Dog Park

The town DH and I work in just got a new dog park. It is small and simple but nice. Foxy has been three times now and seems to enjoy it pretty well. She does bark at people sometimes just because she has never been a people person. I tell her that this is not her dog park and other people can come and play too. I have to keep a close eye on her since she gets a bit cranky with pushy dogs. She pinned one today into the mud but I clapped my hands twice and she let him up. She seemed to be saying, "Back up puppy! If you want to greet me be polite! For the most part she gets along fairly well with the other dogs and I really hope it helps a bit on her socialization. She is old and stuck in her ways but I really hope being around strangers will show her that they aren't all bad.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

Good for you to keep an eye on her! That is one of the issues w/ dog parks around here. Owners with pushy (or in your case, cranky older) dogs don't intervene when needed. GOOD JOB!

I hope she catches on to the whole idea; must be odd to her!