Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What dogs do in 105 degree heat

What dogs do in 105 degree heat

This is pretty much Boomer and Sooner's life every afternoon! Today was our 40th consecutive day of triple digit heat....(I think) The record should be broken in a few days...sigh....Anyway, here are Boomer and Sooner, taking it easy!!

Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

They look so comfy. Can I come snuggle with them? I need a nap. Hopefully you have AC there to keep them cool?

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    They look so comfy. Can I come snuggle with them? I need a nap. Hopefully you have AC there to keep them cool?
    no i wanna.lol they r too cute

They look so comfy. Can I come snuggle with them?
    Me too, me too! Boomer and Sooner!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks! Oh my goodness, yes, about the AC....I don't know how people who don't have it cope in this heat. As of August 1, nine people have died in the Dallas county area, and two did not have working air. Countless others have had heat strokes and heat exhaustion. So many people, especially the elderly, simply can't afford the electric bills.

I've been wondering where pics of your gorgeous pups where. I have Boomer up on my PT calander. Stay cool.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Awwww, cute puppies!!!

We don't run our air unless we absolutely have to. So our dogs prefer to lay on the hardwood floors.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yes, ours like to lie on the hardwood floors, too....especially when they are hot....they lie in front of the AC vents. Ours are down low, and they both know where they are located so they can get extra cool! LOL Not spoiled one little bit!

The heat has been unbearable here as well. 100° ambient, with an index of 108° on several sequential days. I haven't been out in the Yard for over 10 minutes during the day, for the last month. Being real cool is not comfortable to me, we keep the house at about 76-78° and the bill is still extremely high. Now, here's the kicker...

I must have two of the most cold natured Yorke's ever !

Both of mine (when napping) will migrate to the most fluffy and convoluted arrangement of old Towels and Quilts that are available. AND, frequently through the day, will go outside (we have a Doggy Door) and lay face up directly in the Sun for as much as 10 to 15 minutes.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
    I must have two of the most cold natured Yorke's ever !

Both of mine (when napping) will migrate to the most fluffy and convoluted arrangement of old Towels and Quilts that are available. AND, frequently through the day, will go outside (we have a Doggy Door) and lay face up directly in the Sun for as much as 10 to 15 minutes.
    Maybe they are party kitty.
    My cats will lay between the vertical blinds and the door and sun themselves on the hottest days.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    None of the critters here like the heat. We have central air, but son's cats lay in front of the pedestal fan that we keep going too. Sparky goes around here panting like he's been running a marathon, and likes to lay on the tiled area by the front door, or in front of a register with the cool air blowing on him. Myndi seeks out a fan too, or lays in my bathroom behind the toilet since I guess the porcelain is cooling to her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Boomer and Sooner have NO intentions of moving -- unless you have steak on offer, lol. They are so lucky, to have a nice soft a/c place to relax!

My crew tend to avoid the heat, as well. Potty trips are much like mid winter, lol, run out, do business and get back in. Of course we don't have the heat you have. Still, mine are pampered too.

Then there is Lacey. She will go out and settle down on top of the cut grass pile (nice and warm) in the direct sunshine, and look around, SO happy!

Oh My Goodness! How do you stand that kind of heat?!! For 45 days we've been 90 and above with high humidity and to me our heat is terrible. We've had a few days of 100+. Thank Goodness for a/c. When I walk outside I pop out in sweat.

Now for my pets: LilGirl gets cold easily & I keep her covered with a little blankie. When I take her out to potty, she loves being outside in the heat. She lies down, often on her back and just absorbs the heat as I stand there sweating (trying to find shade) and waiting for her to be ready to go on "our bathroom walk".

Mr. Luke cat is like me; the colder the better. He loves to lie on floor on his back and get the cool a/c breeze/

Annie is an outside dog and she often digs out a hole in the ground in the shade to be more comfy and/or she takes a dip in the pond. (The pond is getting shallower every day; we need rain.)

Yes, of course, all my pets (including 3 goats) have access to fresh water. I think I'll be glad when winter gets here. Kay in central NC

Yup they are doing what my kitties have been doing each day.. Staying indoors where it is nice -n- cool..

You two babies are so Sweet & Adorable.. great pics thanks

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

My cats will lay between the vertical blinds and the door and sun themselves on the hottest days.
    That's how my cat is too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678