Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: London Riots (ETA post #23: Brits, please sign the petition to axe rioters' benefits)

Chris,

I read the article but the video can't be viewed by anyone outside the UK.

There are people just like the "mom of 10" in the US also. People who seem
    to think the world owes them a living. It's unfortunate but true. I wonder if
    that women grew up in a "charity kept" home? She looks healthy enough, she
    should get a job & see how normal people EARN their money.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What I don't get is... 10 kids???!!!!!

Okay, so perhaps one was unexpected... but by the time #2 showed up, she should have figured out what was causing them to come along. Why the hell didn't she get sterilized then.. or at least gotten some decent birth control plan going?

I'm pretty much a "liberal" (dirty word these days).. but I think there is a lot to be said for having people on public assistance rendered incapable of reproducing, at least for that period of time. Okay, so we'll support you and your two kids while you (hopefully) start getting your life together.. but more kids?

Of course, the question then is, what happens to the additional kids?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Wom, I have to say I agree with most if not all of his rant.
    He kind of gets to the basics of it, hey ???
    But he's right in saying that their parents are partly responsible for their behaviour, and if the govt keeps throwing money at people like that, then why work ????

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post

Okay, so perhaps one was unexpected... but by the time #2 showed up, she should have figured out what was causing them to come along. Why the hell didn't she get sterilized then.. or at least gotten some decent birth control plan going?

I'm pretty much a "liberal" (dirty word these days).. but I think there is a lot to be said for having people on public assistance rendered incapable of reproducing, at least for that period of time. Okay, so we'll support you and your two kids while you (hopefully) start getting your life together.. but more kids?

Of course, the question then is, what happens to the additional kids?
    I don't know what the situation is like in the USA, but here in Australia, the more kids you have, the more public assistance ya get....so they just keep having more and more kids. Why work ??? That's the way they look at it.
    And it isn't just the poorer classes who live this way, my daughter had a friend in Ladies College who now has two kids, lives with some bloody hobo, and they both receive welfare. I just can't understand how a girl as intelligent as she is, after being put through a school that cost her parents a fortune, can just throw it all away and live the life she is living. It is just so beyond me, I just can't figure out why they do this.

"I'm Back !!"

Maybe she was bored and didn't have anything else to do.

"I'm Back !!"

In the U.S. (the woman in ChrisH's link is British) you get more welfare money if you have more kids too, though I've heard that the increase is nowhere near the costs of raising an additional child. Still, I guess there are people here cranking them out like clockwork, too.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

In the U.S. (the woman in ChrisH's link is British) you get more welfare money if you have more kids too, though I've heard that the increase is nowhere near the costs of raising an additional child. Still, I guess there are people here cranking them out like clockwork, too.
    I think that varies state to state, Phesina.
    I've Been Frosted