Thread: It's me Kiri

It's me Kiri

Dear friends can you believe I have been Cat of the Day and only my very best friends noticed?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=168981
    I just cannot believe that everyone thought a wonderful proud cat like me can only be a boy. I suppose this is the reason why my brother Orion got so many celebration mails and only my very best friends noticed me.
    I don't think that is ok.
    My mom gave me some wonderful Gimpet paste yesterday but I would like to ask everyone to send me some mouse liver chocolates too.
    Please do!
    Your friend Kiri

Mouse liver chocolates are on the way, dearest QUEEN Kiri!

Of course we all know you're a girl (and such a darling girl)!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear beautiful lady Kiri--- I knew it was you when I saw your picture! Mouse liver chocolates on the way from Chicago. Happy Cat of the Day!

I love this picture of you with your gorgeous tabby markings and your long tail!

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

(hanging head in shame)

I'm so sorry, Kiri, that I didn't acknowledge your special day. You are such a beautiful kitty - you deserve all the awards, praise and kitty treats in the world!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Poor Kiri! I TRIED to correct the "king" thing for you and wish you a happy day! I hope it was a great day!

Purrs, Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I apologize. Had I been able to post I would have.
    I spent Monday evening in the emergency room and have been quite ill for the past couple of days with a severe kidney infection.

Congratulations, Kiri! You're one of my favorite kitties here at Pet Talk and I am most certainly glad you were selected as a Kitty of the Day! You're very beautiful and deserving of such a special honor.

Please pet Kiri for me.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am so embarassed and ashamed!! I have been busy with school and work but have managed to visit Pet Talk almost every day. And I did not check COTD for almost a week now!!! If I had known you were COTD, I most certainly would have checked it out. Please forgive me Precious Kiri, but I am only a poor human and not Feline Royalty like yourself!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm so sorry that I missed your big day Kiri. I don't always check COTD, DOTD, or POTD. I've been working hard during the day and I've been very tired when I get home. You sure are a beautiful girl and you found the best loving, caring, forever home too. Congrats on being COTD!!!

Dear Kiri,

We all love you and know you are not only a hot kittyCHICK but totally special The world just has to come to terms with these facts Don't worry sweetheart - time will heal and all you admirers will succumb (maybe even Orion).

You are a truly gorgeous girl and don't let anyone forget it Enjoy those yummy treats baby

Love and lots of big hugs to you!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Dear friends can you believe I have been Cat of the Day and only my very best friends noticed?
    I'm so sorry Kiri. My brain has been elsewhere. I read through your story and even saw Orion's name and it didn't even ring a bell.

Happy CoTD, Kiri!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Kiri, sweet Kiri...I am sorry I missed your special day. Can we have a do over?I remember seeing you as being COTD but failed to acknowledge. I have no excuse. I have shirked my duties as a fellow PT'er.

But now...I will say...CONGRATS ON BEING CAT OF THE DAY!!! (hey that rhymes )

You are most beautiful and I love your stripes. And, also, I agree with you about the food thing. I love food too!

I definitely noticed it was you Kiri! But I am just bad at posting in that section. And that's part of the reason I haven't nominated my two boys yet. I need to get better at posting there.

But I really enjoyed reading your story and seeing the lovely pictures.
    Congrats, sorry it's late.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Forgive me darling, darling Kiri, for missing your celebration!!!
    And please thank meowmie for texting me.
    You were a WONDERFUL Cat of the Day. xxxxxxx

Oops............... I didn't realise you are Barbara's cat, Kiri...........
    Please forgive me

Congrats for having been our COTD, sweet Kiri!!!I hope you had a fantastic day and that your mom spoiled you rotten
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I am really sorry we missed your big day, dear Kiri girl.

Some Gimpet paste was in order for the celebration, that's good stuff, but I am sure mouse liver chocolates must be even better