Thread: Indestructible Stuffies?

Indestructible Stuffies?

Anyone found a stuffie that doesn't tear easily? Molli loves stuffies, ever since she was a pup, but since Sam came along stuffies don't last more than a week in my house. I'd like to get something that will last. Sam just likes to rip things apart, until the stuffie falls apart. Anyone know of one that is tougher but still soft and where to get it?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Taggart will tear a stuffie to shreds within 5 minutes. We have a couple toys that he has actually not torn apart. One is a strip of fleece without stuffing and it's tied in a knot in the middle (we have a large one and a small one). The other is a round fleece toy that also has no stuffing, but it has a rubber cage in it (we also have large and small of this) and a squeaker inside that cage. This makes it more difficult for the dog to find the squeaker and focus on getting to it. I looked for it online and cannot find it. We sell it at the shelter. However, my brothers dog tore into one of the balls and was tearing apart the rubber cage. Then again, she is a huge lab mix.
    I do find it very strange that Taggart has not torn these four toys to shreds. Any other stuffed toy I bring in has a very short life.
    I will look again to see if I can find what I'm talking about and post it here.

They also sell other plush toys without stuffing. Not sure those would work as well since usually the dogs goal is to get the squeaker out.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I had one of these for a dog.
    http://www.kyjen.com/shop/index.php/...-dog-toys.html
    The toy itself never ripped but the black material at the end was ripped up and torn off.

Other then that I've never found anything they couldn't rip.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I don't believe there's a dog toy made that Myndi can't destroy - that's how she got the nickname of Jaws! If there is, then I haven't found it. Stuffies don't even last 5 minutes around her. She un-stuffs them and scatters the stuffing, gets the squeaker, and then proceeds to amputate head and limbs. She has a toy box full of body parts! She even chewed through a hard braided rope ball which was rated for "the toughest of chewers". She's 10 pounds of powerful jaws.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Have you tried the unstuffed ones?

http://www.jefferspet.com/thinnies/p/0040034/c2p/hp/

I was going to suggest the non-stuffed ones too but I am sure she can shred those too..they aren't that durable.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

This is why I pay $2 at the thrift store for a whole bag of stuffies.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I have the un-stuffed stuffies and Mikey has torn them open. He has taken the squeakers out and nearly swallowed one whole..thank god we were home! I would suggest them if they don't have squeakers.

Gosh

Thank goodness my dog is SO good with stuffies. Every now and then an ear will take a real beating and fall off, but for the most part, Prue is not destructful. She adores her one little child's toy, a husky dog and treats it like her baby. When she was little, I bought lots of stuffies at yard sales. Mostly kids old toys....and she never destroyed them.

I would just buy stock in the company where you buy your toys. LOL.

So far no Pet Store has ever brought in a stuffie that my fur brat has not destroyed in a short time. If I ever find one that can whithstand her "killing" instinct I'll post it here.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----