Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STRONG dog pulls- until we can get the money for a training class, what can I do?

That's a very helpful tip, thank you. The training hasn't been going as well lately. I wasn't able to take her out for about a week, and once I started up again, my "training spot" suddenly had other DOGS. Cass gets too excited around other dogs to care what I want her to do. Today actually, I took her out for a 20 minute walk, and as usual there were dogs barking in nearby houses- she tries to pull forward when she hears them. This time, I watched a little kid let a dog OUT OF A NEARBY HOUSE, a boxer. I panicked. He came over to us and Cassie and him were both wagging their tails. Then, he got a little too close and put his paw on her- although she does this to other dogs to play, I think she was taken from her own liter early, as she sees this as a challenge from other pups. Or, maybe she just didn't want to play with a strange dog. They were suddenly both growling and barking at each other. I was pulling Cass away and finally the adult comes out, pulls him back and talks to me for a second, chatting nicely with me.

Cassie came home wagging her tail as if it were a GRAND old time. Lovely, yeah...
    Last edited by ToBeEvergreen; 10-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory