Thread: Cookie, so good to see you!

Cookie, so good to see you!

Not so long ago, we were visiting Freeport, New York, with our greatly beloved Tuxedo cat, Cake - a loving cat who, oddly enough, never purred. Cake was a great lover of chicken and so, whenever we would go through the drive-through at Taco Bell, we would order a side of chicken just for Cake. Boy, did Cake love that chicken! Well, one day in Freeport, we paid a visit to Taco Bell. I had a lot on my mind that day and forgot the side order of chicken.

Oh, if I could take back that moment!

Cake was quite distressed. As we were driving down the road, us humans ate our tacos and burritos, which we generously offered to share with Cake, but Cake was so offended about not getting a side of her own that she leaped suddenly out the open window and dashed off.

We stayed an extra month in Freeport, searching and searching for our cat, Cake, but we never found her.

Then, tonight, at my hotel here in Fairbanks, I open up Cat of the Day on my laptop and what do I see?

Cookie! Cake! Cookie! Cookie is Cake!

And we want her back, immediately! We demand that you put her on the next plane to Alaska!

In fact, I have already called my attorney, and she says... I jokes! I jokes! Don't get so upset!

Cookie is beautiful. Wish she were mine.

Excellent photo, btw. My congrats to the photographer.

Cookie is beautiful

Oh Frostfrog you really shocked me for a second
    Whoever abandoned Cookie or whomever she abandoned, we know now that she has a purrfect loving home -although she may never purr -it occurs in rare cases.....
    Cookie you will find many methods to tell how well you are, how much you love your chicken, how much you love your furrmily.
    Congratulations for being COTD today

You look so content and so happy there, Cookie! That cute expression on your face tells more than any purr
    I hope you have a long, long life with your extraordinary humans that adopted you after some mean people declawed you and let you go in the wild world, where a kitty without claws is helpless.
    You really are sweet like a cookie. We demand more pictures to see your white parts. When I opened the page, I said - look a black cat with white whiskers, then I noticed - Tuxedo. Not that I don't believe that you are, but...

What a contented little face. Even without a purr you can she how happy she is. With winter coming and being declawed, she is lucky to find her dream home when she did. Good luck.

Cookie's purr

Sometimes trauma will cause a cat to lose his purr for a while. We flew our big tom to Florida when we moved, in the passenger cabin with me, tranquilized by the vet etc. It was just too much for him. He didn't purr for almost 6 months. That was 8 years ago and he rumbles away.

cookie

Cookie looks just like my cat Ellie. She didn't purr for about two years, until we brought home a new toy. It was one of those things like a wire with rolled up paper bag on the end. I think it was called a cat flyer or something.

Anyway, as soon as she saw it she started purring! And she never stopped!

You are very lucky to have such a pretty cat!

I have a tuxedo, too, named Ritzy....she does purr, but I have noticed that her purr is very very subdued at times...you almost have to put your ear to her to hear it. there are some events, such as our morning greeting and daily brushing session that really bring out the loud purrs....

I think like others, Cookie is a well adjusted and happy cat, from that look on her face.

Ritzy sometimes hides her "white parts" too
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"