Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dublin OH Irish Festival! More Catmobile Midwest fun!

They're at it again!! I must hide my credit card from Ming.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Hey Pinot: I still have not seen hide nor hair of Merlin, but I know he will come home this weekend because he has not finished packing the suitcase.

I also received a call at work from Amex verifying a $5,000 charge. I need to have a word with that boy.

I will need to take him to the airport. Where shall I send him and when???

Signed
    purrent
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hi Auntie Slick!
    Merlin, I think, knows where to be - but I'll clue you in a little. The festival is Aug. 5-7. We need to have all the instruments and players there by the 4th. Plan is to have all meet at BWI (Baltimore, MD) on the 3rd who need to fly in. There are some who are close enough to be picked up by the Catmobile. Some have checked in.

Note to Kitties: check in with me if you haven't - need to make sure noone is missed!! Love ya!!

Purrs, Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I heard on the radio today that a World Harpists' Convention or gathering of some sort is taking place in Vancouver this weekend.

I assume Ming is there, so Merlin, you and he can fly together from Vancouver to BWI! Won't that be fun?!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello fellow kitties Merlin here:
    Yes, I had to go away on a shopping trip for my and while I was downtown I ran into Ming. He's at home wif me right now and we are waiting on Meowmie to get home from w-u-r-k so we thought we should sneak on PT. Wow, you should see how big this harp is. Meowmie's gonna flip when she sees how much room it's taking up, but at least Ming can chime a few tunes and make her feel better.

Ooops, the doorbell is ringing. Ming, can you get that please?

OMG.......Will have to catch you later. I think Ming may have invited the whole convention over.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

So THAT is where Ming and his harp went off to! Well, at least he's in good company. Slick, isn't that harp HUGE? I don't know where I'm going to store it, the hall closet is already designated for the bagpipes. Why couldn't he have taken up the flute??

What can I say???????
    Excuse me now while I try and get some sleep.

Signed,
    tired Meowmie
    --unknown

--Polar Express

What a nice picture of Ming and his harp! I bet he will wow them at the Irish festival.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post

what can i say???????
    Excuse me now while i try and get some sleep.

Signed,
    tired meowmie
    rotflmao!!!!:d

Hi fellow kitties,
    Sorry I haven't been around, it has been pretty busy around here this week. The Catmobile will be here tomorrow either late morning or early afternoon so we can get an early start. If anyone is coming in by the Amtrack, take it to Trenton and you'll be picked up at the station. As always, everyone is welcome to stay at my place until we're scheduled to leave. If you're coming into Newark Airport or the one in Philadelphia, be sure to call me on my cell phone so we'll know when and where to pick you up.

My new fiddle sounds great now that I know how to tune it. Soncat says I'm getting pretty good at it and was he impressed when Charlie Daniels called to give me a few pointers.

Pinot, I know how busy you've been planning this trip. Is there anything I can do to help? Do you think we should arrange for a trailer for Ming's harp and the larger instruments?

Okay fellow kitties, we're officially in countdown. If you want to join us and haven't checked in, there's still time. Don't forget your sunglasses! The Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe will be giving discounts to each kitty when they display their tartan collar so don't forget to pack yours too.

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Meowmie's sister's cat Nelson will be joining the party, as he is a real virtuoso on his bodhran (Irish single-handed drum, which is very hard to play without thumbs, but he does just fine with it ).

He will be traveling with the Michigan pipers and dancer, and we can't wait for the Catmobile to swing by Ann Arbor on its way to Dublin, Ohio! Please keep us posted on your ETA.

We are all so looking forward to getting together with the gang again and packing out the Ohio State stadium with thousands of brand-new bagpipe aficionados!

We will be bringing along a Great-Dane-size doggie bag from the Haggis in a Hurry Shoppe for all to snack on for the rest of the trip. We all have new sunglasses in frames colored with our clan tartan designs.
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi fellow kitties,
    Sorry I haven't been around, it has been pretty busy around here this week. The Catmobile will be here tomorrow either late morning or early afternoon so we can get an early start. If anyone is coming in by the Amtrack, take it to Trenton and you'll be picked up at the station. As always, everyone is welcome to stay at my place until we're scheduled to leave. If you're coming into Newark Airport or the one in Philadelphia, be sure to call me on my cell phone so we'll know when and where to pick you up.

My new fiddle sounds great now that I know how to tune it. Soncat says I'm getting pretty good at it and was he impressed when Charlie Daniels called to give me a few pointers.

Pinot, I know how busy you've been planning this trip. Is there anything I can do to help? Do you think we should arrange for a trailer for Ming's harp and the larger instruments?

Okay fellow kitties, we're officially in countdown. If you want to join us and haven't checked in, there's still time. Don't forget your sunglasses! The Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe will be giving discounts to each kitty when they display their tartan collar so don't forget to pack yours too.

Your friend,
    Groucho

Hi dear Groucho,
    I'll arrive tonight at Newark and I have the limo service arranged again, so don't worry about me. I'll be staying at your place, if you don't mind, and I can help with the planning too, we can use the limo to pick up everyone at the airport or train station.. call me!

See you later,
    Sophie
    --posted via CatBerry Mobile
    astrid

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi fellow kitties,

Your friend,
    Groucho
    pssst Groucho. I'll dust of my guitar and maybe we can surprise everyone with a number at Angel's party!!! You lead and I'll jump in and follow!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Hi Auntie Slick!
    Merlin, I think, knows where to be - but I'll clue you in a little. The festival is Aug. 5-7. We need to have all the instruments and players there by the 4th. Plan is to have all meet at BWI (Baltimore, MD) on the 3rd who need to fly in. There are some who are close enough to be picked up by the Catmobile. Some have checked in.

Note to Kitties: check in with me if you haven't - need to make sure noone is missed!! Love ya!!

Purrs, Pinot
    Dear Pinot,

My meowmie said I can go from Midway to BWI on the 3rd of August. I'll meet everyone there.

Thank you,
    Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Pinot:
    Mewomie will be taking myself and Ming to the airport tonight. We'll be landing in MD around noon on the 3rd. She had to book us on the redeye because they needed part of the cargo space for that big harp and the bagpipes. By the way Ming had the opportunity to play at a wedding on Sunday night. There is a recreation complex across the street from our apartment and weddings take place there all the time. On Sunday Ming was out in the courtyard practicing when a wedding party drove up. They loved his playing so much that the bride wanted him to pipe her into the hall. For that task, we were rewarded with the most scrumptious crab and shrimp. Yummy! OK, gotta go and finish packing. See you tomorrow.

Your furrends, Ming and Merlin.
    --unknown

--Polar Express