Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Update on Brandon

Oh dear God, please be with this family through these trials. As Brandon moves forward to a new existence, the remainder of his family will be left here, with only memories. Help them remember the good times and keep those memories close in their hearts. My own heart is heavy for this family, I can sympathize with their grief, but you can give them the strength to live through it. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN.

Blog Entries
    Laura I am so sorry to hear about Brandon this is so sad & he fought so hard. I will keep praying for him & his family. Hospice is good & they are very caring & will help Brandon & his family in a most dignified way. God Bless you Laura, Brandon, & his family
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Laura I am so sorry for this very sad news about Brandon and hope his passing is peaceful. My heart goes out to you and your family - please take care.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I'm very sorry to hear that Brandons time on earth is almost over. Many prayers for him and his family at this time.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So sorry to read this, I can remember when you first posted about Brandon. This story has really stayed with me. I hope he enjoys his time left. (((hugs))) to your family!

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to him and his family.

So sorry. Prayers being said for Brandon and for the family during this difficult time.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I thought of Brandon from time to time, and wondered how he was doing, and to read this, is really heartbreaking. He certainly has traveled a very difficult road in his short life. May his passing be peaceful, and may his family find comfort in knowing that he will struggle no more.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Laura. Prayers for a peaceful passing - prayers for all of you

Sis called me after I posted this yesterday and this is the story...

That morning his Mom went in to see him and get him situated for the day.... he was awake, alert and himself. She left the room for a few minutes and when she came back he was non responsive, not moving, just laying.... They did not know if he had a stroke or went into a coma or what, so a ambulance was called to get him to the ER.. They were keeping him in the ER until they could get a room for him and that took some time.. While we were talking Brandon's Dad came told her they were moving him to a room and he was becoming more alert and aware of things.. Wanted to know WHY he was in the hospital and how he got there. They seem to think he had a siezure, not a stroke. Soon as hospice is set up, the hospital will let him go home.

His body, over the last year has started breaking down or shutting down. He is just about completely deaf (due to the tumors), his face is partially paralized, he has lost most of the use of his legs and arms and his speech is very slurred. He has a tube in him and that is how he is fed, he is hooked up to it overnight to get his nourishment and he has had this for awhile now.

I have to tell you this story, it is such a heartwarming story of how some people choose to react to him on a outting one day.. While in Oregon, visiting with his Grandma & Grandpa, they took him to a lighthouse. He had been there before but it was closed the day he went and he always wanted to go back and go in the lighthouse. So, they took him to the lighthouse. They had to park uphill and take him down in his wheelchair and his Grandpa asked the lighthouse keeper if they could take Brandon inside. The man said they were shorthanded and couldn't let anyone inside that day so they took Brandon and was walking around showing him the view when that man caught his Grandpa's attention and motioned for him to come over to him. When he got there, the man asked what was wrong with that boy and Grandpa told him he had brain cancer. The keeper told him that after he told them "no" he got to thinking about the condition the boy was in and he and his wife discussed it and agreed they should let him in and told Grandpa to go get his grandson and bring him in.. Once inside, (LOL!) Brandon asked if he could go upstairs and see out from the top of the lighthouse. They took him out of the wheelchair and sat him on the bottom step and he took himself up, one step at a time on his butt...all the way to the top! The keeper and Grandpa, followed him up and once at the top, they picked up up and held him in a standing postion so he could see what he had wanted to see for so long. Once done, they sat him on the top step and back down he went, one step at a time on his butt!

The story does not end there.. Pushing him back uphill to the car in that wheel chair was way to much for his Grandpa.. Sis said you wouldn't believe how many people came and offered to help get him back up the hill.. Rather than stare or shun the weird looking guy in the wheelchair, they offered to help do what needed to be done! Sis said that whole experience was something she will never forget..... the kindness people showed him was amazing.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

People are much kinder than media reports would lead anyone to believe, so glad he scooted himself to the top that day!
    Our prayers are with all of you, I promise.
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry to hear that Brandon is failing but what a wonderful story. It will always be a story to tell and smile about later. Gives you hope that there are still people out there who care.

Prayers to you and your family at this time.

What a wonderful story! Thank you, Laura, and thank you, Brandon and everyone who made that happen.

Dear Brandon, may your passing be easy, and may we all meet you at the Rainbow Bridge, One Fine Day.

God bless, and love,

Pat (and cats)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I love this story, Laura. Brandon is made of some pretty strong and wonderful stuff and the people who helped him are just as wonderful. Bless them all and our prayers are still continuing for Brandon's passing to be peaceful and easy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

So sorry Laura, I am so glad he got to the top of the lighthouse it must have meant so much to him.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!