Thread: any guesses??

any guesses??

This is my friend's dog, Martini (aka Tini). She was told that she is a chihuahua/beagle. I think she's like a chihuahua/jack russell/rat terrier or something, but we have no idea what she is lol. Any guesses??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	47435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	47436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	47437  

I think Chihuahua/Beagle is accurate - especially in the last picture when she's too busy sniffing something to bother with the camera. If when walking her, you basically are at the mercy of her nose, that's beagle in there!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I think Chihuahua/Beagle is accurate - especially in the last picture when she's too busy sniffing something to bother with the camera. If when walking her, you basically are at the mercy of her nose, that's beagle in there!
    I think they told her beagle because of the spots on her. She does sniff around a lot, & she likes to hunt bugs lol. So, she probably is part beagle. But what about her curly tail?? Maybe basenji?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie116 View Post
    I think they told her beagle because of the spots on her. She does sniff around a lot, & she likes to hunt bugs lol. So, she probably is part beagle. But what about her curly tail?? Maybe basenji?

Okay, where is the cuteness warning?

This is going to sound funny, but she definitely has Beagle paws. I looked at her paws and immediately saw Beagle. They have different paws than Labs. OMG I love the tail! She is really dear.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Okay, where is the cuteness warning?

This is going to sound funny, but she definitely has Beagle paws. I looked at her paws and immediately saw Beagle. They have different paws than Labs. OMG I love the tail! She is really dear.
    Hahaha yea, she's really cute. & really? I've owned beagles, & I didn't really notice her "beagle paws" lol. Maybe she really is a beagle/chihuahua! I just thought she looked a lot like a rat terrier, & I can't figure out what contributes to the curly tail. I'm thinking maybe basenji....

Quote Originally Posted by charlie116 View Post
    Hahaha yea, she's really cute. & really? I've owned beagles, & I didn't really notice her "beagle paws" lol. Maybe she really is a beagle/chihuahua! I just thought she looked a lot like a rat terrier, & I can't figure out what contributes to the curly tail. I'm thinking maybe basenji....
    I'm not sure but the curly tail gives her character!

Some chihuahuas have that curl in their tail! Here's one example:

Hers is not as tight, but I have seen some that are!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Some chihuahuas have that curl in their tail! Here's one example:

Hers is not as tight, but I have seen some that are!
    Oh ok lol. I haven't seen many chihuahuas with a curly tail, but I guess that could be it! We just call Martini a mutt lol

I saw a bunch.. lol.. beagle ears.. rat terrier/chi face.. and pug tail.. hehehe..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Honestly she looks like a Rat Terrier mix. A lot of dogs sniff around FYI that doesn't make them part beagle. She is cute!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses View Post
    Honestly she looks like a Rat Terrier mix. A lot of dogs sniff around FYI that doesn't make them part beagle. She is cute!

There's sniffing and then there is Beagle sniffing - if you've ever walked a beagle you know the difference. Other dogs are sniffers, Beagles and Bassets and some other scent hounds are pretty obsessive about it. It take everything a human has to dissuade them from following a scent!
    I've Been Frosted

Well I have a coonhound so I know how hounds are and I have walked beagles at the shelter and yes it's hard to get them to stop sniffing. That's probably I personally would never have a beagle, they are major scent-hounds and it's hard to get them to focus on their owners. She could be part beagle who knows, just as long as your friend loves her that's all that matters.

I think she's a rat terrier mix too. She does sniff around, but not like a beagle (she's not obsessive). Also, beagles & bassets, & any other kind of hounds, aren't always like that. I own 2 beagle/bassets & they aren't obsessive sniffers. I can walk them off the leash, & they won't run away or even go exploring.

Well it honestly depends on the dog, that's for sure. IF they come from hunting lines you will be sure to get an obsessive sniffer lol. My hound is from hunting lines, but he is very focused on us and he isn't a hunter, he's a pet quality hound and we never planned hunting with him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses View Post
    Well it honestly depends on the dog, that's for sure. IF they come from hunting lines you will be sure to get an obsessive sniffer lol. My hound is from hunting lines, but he is very focused on us and he isn't a hunter, he's a pet quality hound and we never planned hunting with him anyways.
    Yea. I used to have a beagle from hunting lines. We took her out to West Virginia, & she accidentally got out of the house. She ran after a turkey, & came back with a tail feather in her mouth lol