Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Please pray for me UPDATE 8/22 more surgery

Hybrid View

OMG! Please pray for me UPDATE 8/22 more surgery

Suddenly, today, I noticed floaters, swirls in my left eye. The GOOD eye. The only one that I can see from and yes, the eye that's perfect after cataract surgery in April.

Now I have a white film and can barely see. I have an emergency retina surgeon appointment tomorrow morning at 830a. My surgeon isn't in so I just asked for anyone.

I can barely see typing this. The font is HUGE.

I am petrified, worried, upset, beside myself with fear. If this retina is detached and I have to have silicone glue put in to hold it in place, I will be blind. This eye does all the work. The right eye is useless.

Please, please, please keep me in your prayers. I don't know how I'm going to sleep. My brother is going to take me and I hope he can take the day off if needed.

OMG! OMG! I can't even cry.
    Last edited by K9karen; 08-22-2011 at 08:36 PM.

I've been Boooo'd!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray the surgery will be a success and you will have a speedy recovery.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Prayers on the way. I hope it is something minor. A detached retina usually has different symptoms, flashes of light, doesn't it? I'll send you my phone number via PM, give it to your brother so he can call us tomorrow if you cannot, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

My father had a detached retina in both eyes about 10 years a part of each other. Yes, flashes of light is the main symptom. This is hereditary so every other year when I have my eyes examined, I also have my eyes dilated so the doctor can look at my retinas.

Oh, Karen, prayers for you and good wishes that the surgery goes well.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Good Thoughts & Prayers Sent Your Way.

tHIS IS A wOO! wOO! MOMENT. i THOUGHT i'D TRY TO CONCENTRATE ON COLORS & MOVEMENTS TO FIND THE CURSER. iT TOOK ME 6 HOURS TOBALANCE MY CHECKBOOK TODAY BUT i DID IT! sTILL HAVE SWIRLEES AND DOTS-LIKE A ZILLIOM PIXELS BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM AS BAD TODAY. tHE WHITE VEIL IS THE CULPRIT THAT'S THE BLOOD CLOTS. HAVE DOC APPT ON MONDAY BUT 6-8 WKS SEEM TO BE THE DATELINE TO SEE PERFECT AGAIN. THEN THEY WORRY ABOUT A TEAR. YOUR PRAYERS HAVE WORKED. I CAN FEEL THEM. TAKING A TRANSIT BUS TO SEE MY UNCLE. JOHN WON'T BE BACK 'TIL OCT WHEN I HAVE BACK SURGERY.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE I MISSED. I GUESS I'LL HAVE A LOT TO READ!

MZ LOGAN AND I SLEEP A LOT..TOO HOT TO DO ANYTHING. SHE'S A DOLL BLESS HER PUPPY HEART

I'LL TRY LOGGING IN TOMORROW. LOVE U ALL

I've been Boooo'd!

Hey, you posted in time for MY birthday, thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

Good to hear from you. I'll keep rooting for your progress and healing.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hi Everybody and again, thanks for the hugs and prayers!

Saw my regular eye surgeon yesterday. No new tears. My vision improved reading the eye chart. Most of the white veil is gone, but there are a gazillion black dots of all sizes. In fact, I keep smacking myself thinking it's a bug on me! Or bugs on the floor etc. I'm seeing the computer OK, not great, but I have a problem finding the cursor. Anything white is difficult. I have a standing doc appt for a while. He's doing everything he can to save my sight. oh well, I had a great 2 1/2 months of great sight when I had my cataract out. I'm grateful for that.

Thanks for the phone calls. I know I yakked away but I was lonely and bored!

I've been Boooo'd!

Yay, thanks for posting so we know things are as okay as they can be!
    I've Been Frosted

Keep getting better Karen.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Better and better, Karen. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That's good news, Karen! Thanks for the update, and keep on keeping on..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

dernit! The worst part of recovery is using the computer. White backgrounds exsenuate the black dots in my eye and makes me feel sickly. Just stopping by to say hi and trying to post, as I miss my nightly PT.

Mz Logan has her senior physical on Tuesday. She's in great shape. The laser treatments did wonders on her hips and she runs after squirrels and rabbits again like a puppy. My precious baby girl!
    I passed out in the exam room at the vet. Ick. I think I had a sudden divivuticulitis attack. They took Logan and cared for her while I got my senses back. Poor vet was so upset. I'm fine now and Logan hasn't left my side. I'm such a bozo.

I've been Boooo'd!