Thread: Google Voice

Google Voice

So, how does Google Voice exactly work? I have my # set up and all, tried to get my voicemail transcribed, but no luck. I don't know what I am doing wrong, though. Does anyone else have this service? Reason I have it is because I always have people calling me about jobs - and I can't exactly understand talking over the phone so, I thought this would be a easier task, less to worry about with my life as of being deaf..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Sorry, I'm not familiar w/ it.

Is there a Google Voice forum???

I just called Paul's Google Voice number, and read your post into his "voicemail box." When someone calls your Google Voice number, it will then send you an email - to whichever account you linked it to, with a transcription. It takes a few minutes, when he gets it, I'll post what it think I said, so you can see how well it works or does not work.
    I've Been Frosted

Here's the transcription Google Voice sent:

So how to school voice exactly work. I have my number is set up and all tried to get my voicemail, transcribes but no luck. I don't know what I'm doing wrong though. Does anyone else at this service. The reason I ask, the reason I have it is because I always have people calling me about jobs and I can't exactly understand car Talking over the phone so I thought this would be an easier task, less to worry about, with my life as being deaf, smiley face the and.
    This is the best Google Voice transcription I have ever seen. As you can tell, it is far from perfect. Sometimes a phone call is audible to a human, but it produces no text in the transcription because Google Voice did not understand anything.

There are some services where you pay a small fee to have a human transcribe your voicemail for you. That would be more accurate.
    I've Been Frosted