PetOfTheDay was the first website I became a happy member of (although at the time I was quite young, I'm embarrassed of how I was now.) Today I come back hoping for some help which I desperately need. First and foremost, I ask that no rude remarks be made at my expense concerning how I have done this so far. I am here for help so that I can keep an amazing cat named Lola who I first met on my first day of volunteer work for a local cat shelter. I will provide a bit of background on her in case any of it helps.

She is about a year and a half and I came across her while she was nursing her litter of four. Often she would not eat and sat in her litterbox with little interest in much else. I took to taking her around the store to explore a bit, and she became much more brighter and curious and slowly recovered from what I considered depression. Lola became a foster cat, after which she inevitably became a cat my family did not want to part with. She has taken to spraying and peeing in various places of the house. I have noted that it is often a place my dad is (his side of the bed, his leather chair, underneath his computer space...) She does not seem to understand the concept of "No" even when holding the scruff of her neck to the pee spot and saying it firmly.

There are two litter boxes, both of which are cleaned, though I am making more efforts to work on.

There is a male cat named Cubby who is about 12 years old who has been my baby for years now. I am aware of the circumstances that can occur with new cats, especially male/female. Both are fixed. Cubby is completely indifferent and is not bothered by Lola, and she has managed to become the same with him. I am not convinced she is doing this over him.

Lola is indoor. Every few days or so I take her outback and watch her while she explores. She was a stray cat before we took her in from the shelter, and she does have feral tendencies, most being very slight (aggressive love, skittish behavior) excepting the peeing and spraying.

My family is at their wits end. The only solution my supervisor offered was to return Lola, which I am staunchly against. It will break my heart if my parents force me to take her back. I need help and I am begging the members of POTD to give it to me.

~Zeki

P.S. I know there may be other topics like this out there, but I do believe each case is a little different for each cat.