Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadow

Shadow outdoors

Hiya

I understand and appreciate where you are coming from, believe me. Shadow was an indoor cat after his accident and remained so for 7 years. I recently had a change in circumstances (a very long relationship ended and I could no longer afford my house) so I had to move in back home with my father. Dad has absolutely no empathy for animals and only sees Shadow as an animal. He does not and will not allow him in the house, ever.

It's devastating for me because I've been able to keep a close eye on him for years and I worry everyday what he could be up to, what could be happening to him etc but unfortunately for now, I just have to play the card I've been given and be thankful that I do have a roof over my head and that so far, he's been very safe and careful.

Thanks for your input

Solution...

Maybe you can find a friend who can take him in and keep him safe as he deserves until you get back on your feet. Not being allowed in EVER is not a recipe for a healthy life for any cat. If something happens to Shadow how would you ever be able to forgive your father. A foster family would keep him safe and healthy after all he has been through.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Thanks

It's definitely an option though I expect to be here no much longer than four weeks as my relationship with my father is not good at all. He can't even have compassion for an animal let alone his daughter so I'm outta here for greener and safer pastures for myself and my boy.