Thread: Buddy missed me :)

Buddy missed me :)

I left last Friday late morning to go to the beach for my son's wedding which was on Sunday. I arrived back home on Monday around 5:00 p.m. My kitties definitely missed me while I was gone.

I had a friend come over and check on the cats daily and feed them. My friend also stayed and watched TV each night for a couple hours. He said the 3 cats each came out and hung out with him in the TV room each night. I guess Buddy did a lot of crying and meowing at the door and windows. My friend said he made a deal with Buddy that if he went to get Kentucky Fried Chicken for them that Bud would stop meowing so much. Well, I guess Buddy got his chicken but he didn't hold up his end of the bargain. I haven't been away from home on an overnight for about 3 or 4 years. Since I returned home, Buddy has been a velcro cat which I truly love.

It took Tinker a couple hours before she would come over to see me. I probably had different smells on me from the beach. Mama cat has also been hanging out on my chair with me at night since I returned home. It is nice to be loved and missed, isn't it?

It's funny how each reacts differently! When we went away, Miss Hoppy would be mad at me, and wouldn't let me pet her for at least a day, but she'd go right up to Paul right away! I'd tell her "we left at the same time, in the same car! What's the deal?"
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It's funny how each reacts differently! When we went away, Miss Hoppy would be mad at me, and wouldn't let me pet her for at least a day, but she'd go right up to Paul right away! I'd tell her "we left at the same time, in the same car! What's the deal?"
    That is so funny. I have heard of different pets doing that.

Blog Entries

Mon

Hate to change the subject but spicy the feral cat that adopted us is kinda drivig me insane. thought she was tamer after 5yrs but she's even more nuts than ever. Still tries to murder Mia every chance she gets, but now it's with a homicidal vengeance. SCARY. Got racoons so I gotta physically wait 'till she falls asleep at night and carry her to her room cuz she's gettin' old and i'm scared she won't wake up and they'll attack her. She's always hungry but hates EVERYTHING. Even her favorite foods. She just drools and looks at me like I'm some sort of knob. We love her so much and shall carry on.

Aww, Buddy sure must have missed you. In cases like that, no amount of yummy treats make up for it. It's good to be loved, though.

When I'm away for longer than normal, Fister opens every single cupboard he can. LOL! I was so pleased to hear he wanted cuddles and brushing from his cat sitter last I went away.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Aww, Buddy sure must have missed you. In cases like that, no amount of yummy treats make up for it. It's good to be loved, though.

When I'm away for longer than normal, Fister opens every single cupboard he can. LOL! I was so pleased to hear he wanted cuddles and brushing from his cat sitter last I went away.
    That is funny. My brother's cat opens cupboards. He gets bored I guess. Some mornings my brother gets up and all of the cupboards and cabinets are opened.

Taz would get mad at us and sort of ignore us when we came home. It was like he wanted us to love on him, but he had to let us know he wasn't happy about being left home alone.

Paizly could care less for the most part. But Jax is the funniest. He will walk around meowing so loud when we first get home. And he'll throw himself on the floor in front of us and roll around like a goofy boy. I should try to video it next time.

It does feel nice to be missed though, doesn't it?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Taz would get mad at us and sort of ignore us when we came home. It was like he wanted us to love on him, but he had to let us know he wasn't happy about being left home alone.

Paizly could care less for the most part. But Jax is the funniest. He will walk around meowing so loud when we first get home. And he'll throw himself on the floor in front of us and roll around like a goofy boy. I should try to video it next time.

It does feel nice to be missed though, doesn't it?
    Oh yes, it is nice to be missed. I always say no human being has ever missed me when I was away from home as my pets do. Casey was always the greeter at the door but now that she is gone, Buddy has taken over.