Thread: Batillda

Blog Entries

Batillda

Today while cleaning the windows in the sun room I had a Batillda experience. I know that a bat has been hanging out literally from the cedar shakes. I see it take off to eat bugs every evening.

Well, Batilda was not hanging out in the cedar shakes today. I opened the screen less window & Batilda flew onto my shorts first & then up & around the ceiling fan. I slammed the pocket doors shut first. Opened the windows as far as they would go & was hoping Batilda would find its way out. No such luck.

Batilda landed up on the pine wall & hung out up there upside down. I opened the pocket doors quickly to turn off the ceiling fan. I noticed Batilda had been sitting in the pocket where the screens would generally fit & left behind some Batilda bat doo doo.

After a much needed rest for Batilda & me, I decided to go get the broom & a empty pint canning jar. I took the broom & waved it & Batilda took off around and around and around and around the room, then landed in the toy box where I scooped Batilda up in the jar & tipped it out the window where Batilda flew to freedom. Batilda lived to see another day & I finished cleaning up the windows.

Whew, thanks for helping her back outside, and not freaking out! Bats are such important critters in the environment, and underappreciated by many folks!
    I've Been Frosted