Sorry to have been away for so long. The Willow Oak crew and I have been beyond busy lately: two years ago I decided to change careers from software engineer back to high school teacher. Tomorrow will be my last day of teaching summer school, and I shall receive a much anticipated layoff until the fall term begins in early August. I have had little time to do anything but teach and prepare for teaching. The educational field has changed much since I last was in a classroom back in 1999.

Also during that time I moved myself and the Willow Oak crew from Mississippi back to my home state of Louisiana. I don't like to complain, and although admitedly the stress and strain has been pretty tough, the crew has managed well, and I am beginning to settle in to my new surroundings. I have bought 13 acres of rural Louisiana swamp land (not much else in Louisiana) and have already dubbed the place Willow Oak II. I shall simply just call it "Willow Oak." Fortunately there are a few Willow Oaks on the premises!

I have worked on my rainbow bridge place, and would like to share with you, if you are interested:

http://www.danieltaylor.us/RainbowBridge.html

Believe it or not I moved 12 dogs and 14 cats 650 miles from the old place to the new! I just simply could not part with my clan.

If you haven't visited my website lately, I've added links to several picture galleries, and there is a very nice montage on the front page, which Randi created for me.