Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new kitty family newly shifted in my garden!**more update + pictures**

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight View Post
    You can give them the chicken. Make sure there are no bones and to be sure just rinse the chicken off with water to clean away any spices or herbs that may be on it. Meat, be it chicken, fish, beef, goat, pork, wild game is good for them. Just make sure there are no bones and rinse it off to clean away any spices that might be on it.
    Thank You! I will give it to them when they wake up

Well, there is a huge update. The kitties are all well and the momma too has been SPOTTED!!! I saw her a couple of days ago, actually I think yesterday

Well, I was in the garden, early morning on Friday. I was eating a nugget and I thought that, well, how about if I drop a small piece of the chicken inside it and see how the kitties like it. Well, when I did it, you wouldn't believe!! All the three kitties ran here and there, one coming out and smelling for the nugget, another coming out and searching, another running back in and all the running here and there, someone taking a sip of the water, I was shocked and surprised...and worried. I put another piece and some came out and looked for the piece. I was sooo worried that the kittens were soo hungry. I ran downstairs, even though I had to go to school, I ran downstairs and hurried to get some chicken for them to eat. I got some chicken and two of the kitties came to eat and so they finished it all, I was sitting close but, they weren't afraid right now. Then, I went downstairs and got more food, the orange one came and finished it all. As I saw them eat the food, I was worried and sad, and cried a while because I thought the mother stopped taking good care of the kitties, I hadn't seen her since a week, and I was worried because for the past week, I thought I should put food once a day, due to certain reasons, a couple of days, I couldn't put up food, it was either too hot or I was a little busy in my work.

Well, on my way to school, I was worried still and earlier I wasn't feeling well and I also thought about staying home and caring for the kittens and taking care of my headache. Well, I did go to school and on the way, I was really angry at the momma, because I thought she hadn't properly cared for the kittens. Well, later I thought that she could be doing sooo much for the kittens and its not necessary that she should be doing it in front of me, when I was not there, she could have been there for the kittens, and I understood that getting angry at the momma was really wrong.

Later, I was putting food for the kittens and suddenly the momma came out of the hiding place along with the kittens, I was soo happy to see her. I was shocked and happy. They ate food, drank water and then she went to the grassy area and laid there.

Well, later I went to check up on the kitties today, on Saturday early morning nearly 5:30 am. The kitties were awake and as hyper as could be. Running around and paying while their mother was in sight. I took pictures and made movies. Oh! and there is a new nest above the kitties hiding place, its of a red-vented bulbul, there are kind of common in my city. I saw a babyish one today. And the mom is afraid I might hurt her kids and she is seriously afraid of the camera. I can't take a picture of her standing near to her. She flies away. Well I took a far away picture of her and the nest, I couldn't take of the babies but i did take a picture of the nest.

Here is the nest

Here are the kitties pictures

Well, these are it I guess...

Oh! and bad news!!

The kitties were in the garden meaning their hiding place is in the garden and its been raining a little and there was a lot of thunder and lightening. I was praying that the kitties and the birdies stay safe.
    Last edited by sana; 05-21-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Oh, what lovely photos of such a lovely family of kitties! Thank you, Sana.

And thank you for looking after them so carefully. Prayers from us too that the kitties and birdies stay safe.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well, good news and bad news..

Good news, I went up in the garden and the kitties were there, safe I saw two and I am still hoping the momma was with them. I'll find out when I'll put food up there She runs right out of the hole :-D The momma bulbul was sitting in the nest, and I am sure that the kids were there, I hope none of the baby animals were afraid, the mothers must have been fine, but the babies, I hope they weren't scared too much... :-(

Well, bad news is, the thundering and lightening started again, but it isn't as much as it was last night. It was raining a little and then I had to go.

Here are some more of the pictures I took yesterday.
    I think the kitty looks adorable, look those ears!!

Here is their hiding place, as you can see, one kitty is demonstrating how they come out

I guess this is it
    Last edited by sana; 05-21-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Hey Sana-
    How is the kitty family doing? Are they still there? Hope everyone is doing well, you too!

Amy

Prayers that the birds and kitties are safe!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sorry for the late update, I am having my final exams and so, can't stay at computer for too long I had to reply earlier but, couldn't as then I was emailing someone and it took all the time that I had for my break. :-/

Well, bad news, mostly..actually.

The baby bulbuls...some cat ate them I have a feeling its either the momma cat or the other orange cat that visits us sometimes.. :-(

I went in the garden a couple of weeks ago and the fan on which the nest was...was broken and the nest was on the floor. The babies were soo tiny and adorable and I felt sad and cried as I wanted to see them grow up I got to see one of the parents. I don't know about the other.

Well, now the kitties have shifted on the top floor, that's above the garden and the mother cat, she sometimes sleeps at our neighbors house and she jumps from their roof and comes over to ours. I haven't seen her since a couple of days.

She now actually rubs herself against my legs and purrs and likes it if I rub her head. :-) And the bad news about her is that she brings pigeons that she has hunted to our home and her kittens pounce at it and it isn't really pretty, and then there is a mess of pigeon feathers and my mother doesn't really like this. The kittens are growing and so, when they are able to jump over walls, their gonna leave this home and travel around in the neighborhood. So, I might not get to see them much. :-/

These days the kittens know that I bring milk and so, they come a little close to me. he kittens hiss at me and are frightened of me and they know that I bring milk so, they run around me when I come because they just want to let me know that they are hungry. Also, managed to pat all the kittens. The orange one is the only one that I actually got to rub and pat properly. I sit close to them when they drink milk and the orange one stays when I pat them but, the other two run away. Once the mother cat was sitting close to me and the orange one came near me and stared at my toe and then started chewing it, it felt sooo ticklish!! Their teeth are soft so, I didn't get hurt :-) Well, I have given them milk. Two of them follow me when I haven't fed them milk, they follow me to the stairs and sit there and wait for me. :-) When I bring milk the orange one comes a couple of steps down and then runs away. When I put the bowl down, they all come running!!

Well, I will try to keep you guys updated with the kitty kats This is all for now.

I know that it is a lot harder to find samples than it used to be, so I would wait until sonmething comes on sale, or ask a humane society nera you to see if they will give you food for your Cats.
    My Animal Welfare Society does that for the Porch Cats, and that helps a lot. They also get the food My Found Cats are not fussy on, and contributions from My Aunt Joan!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    I know that it is a lot harder to find samples than it used to be, so I would wait until sonmething comes on sale, or ask a humane society nera you to see if they will give you food for your Cats.
    My Animal Welfare Society does that for the Porch Cats, and that helps a lot. They also get the food My Found Cats are not fussy on, and contributions from My Aunt Joan!!

There are cat food bags in shops, I don't know if they are good for cats or not, there is this Mei-ow or some spelling like this.

Well, there's another bad news. Went in the garden early morning today and the orange kitty was eating some meat, and I have no idea where is came from. There was a plastic bag next to it. Other than that the orange kitty was coughing.

And another thing, there is a black brownish disgusting thing on the grass, there are flies around it and it stinks!!! I have no idea what it is! But, i know one thing..ITS STINKY! And I went upstairs from where the mother cat comes and there was something wet and STINKY or the floor. That place stinks now! I have no idea what it is

I don't know what to do about the orange kitty, it tried bit me a little when i was trying to hold it, because I just wanted to see what was on its forehead and why was it coughing. It had a black spot on its forehead and I am hoping its just dirt and that it didn't go smelling that black stinky thing.

Do you know any cough pills I can add to the milk, that can dissolve in milk, too, or any syrup that could cure coughing problem.

I haven't seen the momma cat, but, I have a feeling she came in yesterday...

Sana, be careful. Meat and debris from unexplained sources is not safe. Be careful about holding the kitties. Let someone clean up the stinky stuff while wearing protective gear.

Be careful and report often.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Sad to say , but it is probably the part of the bird that the Momma Cat cannot digest.

Is there anyone who can help take these Little Lost Cats in so they can be checked over.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

It's been so long about outdoor critters that I didn't think about decaying birds. I am worried about meat and the plastic bag. Do keep us updated.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Well, some bad news, and good news I was upstairs with the kittens and one of them, went smelled the rotten stinky thing and picked it up in its mouth, I tired taking it but, it ran upstairs with it to a place where I cannot reach, the orange kitty followed and they did something about it and then came out. I prayed that nothing bad happens to them and then, today, I went to see them, they were perfectly normal and fine, Thank God . I gave them milk they came and drank it. The coughing problem, its like it never existed. Thank God the kitty is not coughing again. The orange kitty had something on its eyelash yesterday, but, today, it was a clean little kitty. There was no black spot, or the thingy on the eyelash.

There seem to be nothing else as a problem, thank god!

Oh! And I wanted to ask. Can a cockroach harm a kitten? I should be keeping them away, right?

Well, there's bad news and good news.

Good news... The kittens are now familiar with me and come alot to me. But, I still can't touch them

Unhappy news... Well, the mother doesn't visit much, I haven't seen her since a long time. But, she does leave some stuff so, I know she's been here.
    Let's start with rats.... She leaves them there in the garden I feel sick when I see them dead upside down...

Bad news... One of the kittens probably tried eating it, the rat's head wasn't there. And I put a basket on it, so they would not be able to reach it. One kitten came and sniffed the basket. well, one of the kittens, I saw it puking on the grass I don't know, maybe it ate the rat that's why. It left something green on the grass. and was later making weird noises and trying to vomit. When I put milk for them, the other two kittens were drinking it, but, this kitten came, took a sip and then went and sat down and was looking here and there. It doesn't not seem well to me,

Please tell what i should do, and please pray this little one heals quickly.