Thread: Holly 2000- 2011, I miss you

Holly 2000- 2011, I miss you

We let Holly go on 7-4-11, I held on too long, she stopped eating and walking on her own 4 days before. I just wanted her to go on her own, but it did not work that way for us. I could not take watching her like that anymore, so called my vet and she came out on the 4th, to let Holly go. She was in her own bed and I held her when she left us. I am so grateful for that, but it hurts so much. Holly fought so hard, to stay with us, but we had to let her go. I miss you Holly Bolly, and I thought I could post this tonight without crying, but I can't................. I still see you when I close my eyes like you were before you got sick, the dog I had known for so long. I cherish the time that we had together, I don't regret not letting you go when your doc advised it.
    You fought hard to stay with me, and rebouned when he thought you couldn't. I will always remember those last 7 weeks, and how you chased frogs, and rolled in the grass. I am only sorry I held you 4 days too long. But I loved you so much, and it took time to realize it was not my battle to fight, it was yours. I love you and miss you Holly

Rest in peace, pretty girl - now, you look for a big ol' Saint Bernard up there - her name is Freckles and she loooooved chasing frogs down here, so I am sure she knows all the good swampy spots up there, okay? And tell her I miss her!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry for your loss of Holly. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. I, as have many, have been there before. Wondering, did I wait too long? Try not to be hard on yourself, we are only human and of course clouded by our love for our furkids. I'm sure Holly feels you did everything right.

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge Holly, you were very loved.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am also typing through tears. I am so sorry.

RIP Holly
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am sorry for your loss.

Holly knows how much she was loved, that is why she bounced back and stuck around with you.

I've been through this several times, and yes once (Not the first but the fifth) I also waited too long by a few days. It happens, we are humans, and our fur kids know this, too. How many times did Holly give you a look, like "only a human would expect me to do that?" LOL, they know and still they love us in return.

Rest in Peace sweet Holly

Hugs to you. The loss can be so huge sometimes. Most times, actually.

You did the right thing by letting her go and not having another day being, well, uncomfortable. She knew you loved her and that is all that matters. Pets love you unconditionally and that's a difficult thing to find these days for some folks.

I hope your upset eases a bit as time passes. Maybe another pupster could take some of the pain away. There are many just waiting for special homes. Maybe too soon to think about that.....

Have fun in Rainbow Bridge Holly.

thank you all for your support, and loving words, I could just check back today, to read your comments, cause it still hurts so much. But I thank you all and I know all of you understand my pain. Thank you for being understanding, because it is hard to find people that think pets are more than pets, they are family

I can relate to what you are going through, too......hugs to you, and prayers.........it isn't something you will ever really "get over''......you will learn to accept that she is gone and to remember the good times, but you will always have a sadness, and a part of you missing.........it will help to remind yourself that she is no longer suffering. She probably wanted those four extra days with you, too, or she would have gone by herself sooner. She was probably waiting for you to be able to "let her go" and she was probably relieved when the time came.......I am sure she apprecieated your decision to give her permission to go.........She is at the Rainbow Bridge now. Maybe she is playing with my Oreo, and Sandi, and even my cat Angel..........((((HUGS))))
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb