Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cataract Surgery April 27 UD #15!

Karen, you are delightful and adorable! I love your energy! I'm so happy for you. Big, huge hugs!!!

I will most likely have a cataract operation soon. My eye doctor said before Christmas if I decide to have it done, but I'm scared! However, something has to be done, I cannot read the text on TV when I cover my right eye, and everything is a bit blurred anyway... has been for a while. He said I could choose a certain private clinic, which has very good reviews, or the best hospital that deals with eye operations. So I have to decide.

My eye doctor suggested I get it done so I go down from minus 5,5 to minus 2,5 - because I told him I have had glasses since I was 14-15 years old, and I would feel and look strange without them. I would love to have glasses with thinner glass, and I would like to be able to read in bed without glasses, as I do now.

This is link to the clinic in Hellerup, just north of the city. There a video the shows the procedure.
    https://www.hellerupeye.dk/graa-staer-operation/

My brother in law had it done earlier this year, he is 11 years older than me and is happy about it. Like him, I think I have to have the eye dripped three times a day, but I don't think I can do that.

Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I would say "go for it!" My big brother had his first cataract surgery in his forties. He called me a couple days afterward and said, "Did you know grass is green? I mean, really green!' It made a big positive difference for him.
    I've Been Frosted

Randi, early this year I had cataract surgery, both eyes, the second a month or so after the first. It all went just great, and I can see so much better now! No more multi-color halos around bright lights at night.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Can you get cataract surgery a few months apart. My mother in law is here again, she lives in Mexico. She just announced she will arrive here in a few more months to get here cataracts lasered, one at a time of course. She says she will stay with us at least a month. OMG! She has done nothing in the 25 yrs. she has invited herself over for weeks every year. Not a cup has she washed. Now the Queen is going to fly in from Mexico, stay here and plant her ass for a month. I think I'm going to have a heart attack. REALLY!!!!!? Please kill me. Please.