Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cataract Surgery April 27 UD #15!

Cataract Surgery April 27 UD #15!

I'm having cataract surgery on my "good" eye (left) tomorrow. I had a detached retina on my right eye last year and it's been "glued" together, so my vision is impaired, like the worse near sightedness with gel, so glasses or contacts don't work. But since I also had cataract surgery on that eye, at least everything is bright.

I'm a nervous wreck, in a snit. God Forbid anything goes wrong, I'll be almost blind. I'm not normally pesimisstic, but anything cvan happen. The doc is awesome and has done a gazillion removals, including my mom and friends. But, still, it my EYE!

I'm his last surgery of the day, at 3p, so I won't be unable to see for less than 24 hours. The bandages will be removed Thursday morning.

John flew in from LA to stay with me. Then a friend of his popped in from out of town on the way to Memphis, so he's been trudging along to appointments with us. He's very zen so is non-plussed about anything.

Da** I'm going to miss Criminal Minds. I'll try to listen to it. Some things are just important, you know.

Sorry to vent, I know people are totally blind, and it's a thought I dread, and I'm really scared. The end.
    Last edited by K9karen; 04-27-2011 at 09:30 PM.

I've been Boooo'd!

We'll say a prayer for you, and everything will look better. My big brother had a cataract removed in his "good" eye when he was just 43, called me a couple days later to say "Y'know what? Grass is green!" and he was very happy to see things in real color again.

I have a small cataract in my right eye, nothing actionable yet, but some of us just get them, better it be gone sooner than later!
    I've Been Frosted

I hope that everything goes well and that you're able to see great out of this eye again. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

My dad had surgery for detached retinas in both of his eyes. It was about 10 years apart so the second surgery was much better than the firstone. Since it's hereditary, I now have to have my eyes dilated when I get them checked to make sure that everything is okay. My mom had cataract surgery and one of her eyes turned out better than the other one for some reason but she can still see well and does wear glasses.

Sending good thoughts for you today. My dad had cataract surgery just a few months ago and it went fabulous, he sees so much better now. I'm certain the same will be true for you!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Prayers that all will go well Karen, as I'm sure it will.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Lots of positive thoughts that your surgery goes well. Like Karen, I have a small cataract in one eye, but nothing has to be done yet. My vet's book keeper had surgery for cateract and she is so happy about it.

Purrs from Fister, also.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I had cataract surgery on both eyes 3 years ago - 3 weeks apart. It was the quickest, most pain free surgery that I ever had. I was in and out of the surgery center in about an hour with each. It's was amazing to see true colors again, and wonderful to no longer have to wear glasses, except for reading. I'd do in again in a heartbeat!
    Good luck - you'll do just fine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Good luck!

My Dad has his left eye done in January, gets the right eye done in June. (It was difficult dealing with all the after appointments w/ snow and an 84 year old, so we waited).

Before surgery, his left eye was worse than 20/200. With 24 hours, it was 20/25!

Yes, it is YOUR eye, and you are going to be nervous. Focus on the positive -- it is common surgery, many many successes and YOU are going to be one of them!

Prayers and good wishes that all goes well with your eye surgery!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I had my right eye done in January . After a very bad experience with the wrong surgeon I was ready to forget the whole thing but thanks to the encouragement and pep talk from a great friend I decided to go ahead with it after seeing another surgeon. All I can say is - it was a piece of cake , exactly as I had been told. Unbelievable the difference it made, it's a new world out there. I can actually see colours instead of just grey and white or dirty yellow. I'm now waiting to get the left eye done but we have a long waiting list here, I'm hoping to have it done this year , summer would be nice as battling the snow and cold at 4:00 am was the only hard part.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Prayers and best wishes for all to go well with your surgery.
    When you go in tomorrow, just remember this thread and all the good
    vibes that are going out to you from everyone here on PT. (((Hugs)))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Prayers and good thoughts that your good eye will be your BEST eye.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss that all goes well.. Hoping for speedy healing & get well soon..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Wishing you the best. I work for an Ophthalmologist. Best advice do what he tells you. Wear your shield whenever you sleep. Take your drops as directed and enjoy that new eye. Sorry to hear about the detached retina, it's a bi%$h

Was home by 5p!!! WHEN I awoke, despite the clear eye guard and tape, I could see across the room! I have never been so happy, elated, thrilled, over the moon, beyond myself, ecstatic. What more can I say? All my life I wished I could see better. No coke bottle glasses, losing contacts etc. I don't know what I did right, but I'm watching TV from across the room. I'll know more tomorrow after the exam. Now I can't use my reading glasses..have to find a weaker pair! A dream come true. OK if I have to wear glasses and still use a contact, but my results are remarkable. My good eye is my GOOD eye! When I focus together,my vision is almost fine. I'll never sleep tonight. I've been giggling all night!

My eye doc is going to be smothered with kisses. I feel blessed so far, a wish come true. I can't even explain how I feel.

Thanks a zillion for all your prayers and well wishes, as usual, they worked! On the way home, I was reading signs! John and I were boogying in the car!

I've been Boooo'd!