Thread: Divicticulitis..wha????????

Divicticulitis..wha????????

Yup. To add to my on and off ulcers and other problems, the doc thinks that's what I have since my colonoscopy showed slight signs way back in 2007.

I'm on a liquid diet for 3 days and on 10 days of strong antibiotics. Ick! Liquid diet? I'll disappear!!!! I forgot to ask if Boost or Ensure is acceptable. A milkshake? Who can live on jell0, broth and tea?? No cocanut cream eggs? How will I survive??
    Oh I know! wine and beer! THAT's liquid!!!! A bloody mary? Yikes!

I'll get in a "fit in" appointment this week. My doc is full til June but he'll call back tomorrow.

I hope that's all it is, like it's not enough. Kinda tough to diagnose over the phone, so a check up will tell.

Boo Hoo. Pity party me! Anyone wanna come? I'll whine if you bring da cheese!

I've been Boooo'd!

Been there, done that.

Unfortunately for me...by the time of the diagnosis it was an infection and three days in the hospital, only clear liquids, intense antibiotics and packed in ice for part of the time. (And over $13,000 in hospital bills.)

Better than my sister-in-law whose perforated. It was very serious with a few surgeries and other unpleasant things.

It is NOT something to mess around with! I will not say I am careful about what I eat but if I even think it is cropping up I pay real attention.

Be careful and get well!

Oh, that's such a bummer. I had to be on a liquid diet recently when I had some complications after my wisdom teeth removal. I was on a liquid diet while at home, and when I ended up in the hospital. I was allowed to eat Boost, Ensure and things similar. I was allowed smoothies, milkshakes, and the hospital even listed yogurt and ice cream on their liquid food menu.

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    Oh I know! wine and beer! THAT's liquid!!!! A bloody mary? Yikes!
    Not while on antibiotics!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    I'll get in a "fit in" appointment this week. My doc is full til June but he'll call back tomorrow.
    Yikes, hopefully someone else will opt out and they can fit you in. I always am impatient waiting for things like that. A friend, for example, had a CAT scan yesterday, and will have to wait until the 19th to get results. But you KNOW if he were a red Sox player, or a Senator, he'd have results same day, same hour. Grrrrr.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yikes, hopefully someone else will opt out and they can fit you in. I always am impatient waiting for things like that. A friend, for example, had a CAT scan yesterday, and will have to wait until the 19th to get results. But you KNOW if he were a red Sox player, or a Senator, he'd have results same day, same hour. Grrrrr.
    Your friend should be able to get the results long before June 19th - like by the end of this week. All he has to do is ask for a copy of the final report from the place the CT was done. 'Course he may not understand them completely, but the final reading should make sense.

I'll bet if there is anything seriously wrong, he will be contacted long before the date in question - otherwise there could be cause for a malpractice suit.

Yeah, yeah, I know.. I was joking about the booze, trying to lighten the intensity of the situation. I know it can be bad. One of the other docs in the firm will see me and report to my doc.

Milkshakes? Yeah Man! I'll be regular at DQ!

I have 2 friends who've had parts of their stomach removed. It's nasty stuff.

I've been Boooo'd!