Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To microchip or not?

Wallace couldn't get tattooed. He's a cocker spaniel and covered with hair from top to bottom. There's no spot even inside his ear that hair doesn't grow. He has an unregistered chip from his rescue group.

Autumn has nothing. Chips were too new when we got her. There was no use since scanners were few and far between and nobody had the right one for the right chip. I haven't reconsidered as she grew because she's always had a collar and tags and has never been lost so it never really came up.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I'm glad this thread keeps getting bumped, because it is reminding me to have the dogs chips checked each time I take them to the vet. Which I will do next week to get their weights and I'll have them check.

I met someone at the dog park that had to have the chip removed because it floated around. It said it was a rare occurence, but he had a new one put in.
    I've also never heard of anyone I've met having them tattooed, but I think either one (or even both) are good.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)