Thread: How I spent my Spring Break... :)

How I spent my Spring Break... :)

I've been incredibly productive this past week. Usually I sit around and sleep all spring break, but so far I've done a loooot.

Perhaps most notable is my new "art studio." I don't know what else to call it, haha.

A few years ago, my dad and I built this little room into my basement [aka, put two walls up and some doors/shelves]. It was used by my sister for a short period of time as a study room but then she moved out and it's basically just been empty ever since. I decided to take all of my art stuff [which was scattered throughout my bedroom and other various parts of the house] and organize it down there. I also plan to put up my artwork as I get it back from art class/make something I'm proud of. It won't get put up anywhere else in the house so HAH, I'll do it myself.

Anyways.
    It was this really ugly pale pink color before, and there was this little stool in the corner [and nothing else]. My best friend came over and helped me paint i t [I'd originally wanted a darker, more blue/green color but I like this one]. I then searched the house for furniture and alphabetized our record collection [all 161 records...it took forever].

It's a pretty small room but I'm proud
    No before pictures buuut...after...

[hopefully I'll be getting a better desk soon, that one is very wobbly]

The rug/other side of that Detroit poster...I might flip it over in a few weeks because I really like both sides:

I'm excited...usually when I draw, I end up like this, which leaves me with sore elbows and an aching sternum.

[that final product/my first art project]

I haven't had much time to draw lately, it's all been just little things in this notebook I carry around. It's all like this, which was drawn on my lap in chemistry class haha. But I will start drawing again soon, I'm going to force myself.

Also...I turned in my printmaking project for my art class. I started out HATING it, but it grew on me My art teacher, when I went up to ask her advice about a runaway ink blob, told me she couldn't wait to see it finished. I hope I don't disappoint! I'll post pictures when I get it back But until then...it involves a skeleton, a fountain pen, watercolors, and lyrics from The Beatles, Amely, and The Maine.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Oh, haven't you been busy! And what nice work!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It all looks great!
    I've Been Frosted

thank you

Speaking of art...the owner of the barn I ride at has asked me to design/paint a new fence for the arena. He wants one side to be red brick and the other brick "with plaster exposed and water running under." Not sure HOW I'm going to do it but I'm amazed he asked me so I'm gonna try my best.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

That looks real nice. And it's your own private little niche - enjoy , it's lovely.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

It is adorable.