Thread: my hunny bunny

my hunny bunny

this is Devonander, my little hunny bunny mostly tortoise shell. She is 6 years old now. I just had to share some of her pics I took yesterday while I was doing pics of other things...I think she was in the mood to be photographed!! When I first got her her tail was broken and most of her fur burnt off, but you can never tell looking at her now. She is truly the light of my life.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Isn't she lovely? What a strikingly attractive face she has.

I'm not familiar with your story: did you rescue her from an abusive situation?

Please tell us more about her. Thanks.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

She's such a beautiful girl. I love her markings. I'm glad that you resuced her, she looks so happy and well loved.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

She is very pretty. Yes, share her story.

I have to say she is goregeous....especially since she could pass for my cat, Dawn, sister.
    And, I thought Dawn was one of a kind
    (If I knew how to attach pictures, I would show you what I was talking about)

Please tell us more about her...doesn't sound like she had a happy childhood.

devon my hunny bunny

I got Devon from no kill animal cat shelter slmost five years ago. She was just over a year apparantly. She and her littermates were originally left at the shelter with their mom when they were just 12 hours old!! Anyway, she had been in and out of a couple of homes, and always returned to the shelter (they have a policy that if you do not want the cat, no matter how much time has passed, you can return it no questions asked...they also call a couple times a year((they WILL track you down)) to make sure you still have the kitty...You sign a contract with them that lets them check up on the cat at any given time and if the cat has been given up to the humaine society and has been put down, the shelter has the right to press charges...I think its good as it makes people think twice and encourages more resposnsilbe pet ownership). ANYWAY....Devon had been returned AGAIN for whatever reason (or taken considering her condition). I was delivering cat litter from the pet store I used to manage and when I was walking by her cage I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to look at her and WHAMMO it was love at first sight. The kids had burnt off her fur and broke her tail and she was so stresed out she had a horrible upper respitory infection that had caused puss to for in her eyes and nose. She looked like she had been through the ringer. Anyway, I paid and picked her up the next day. Her file had mostly negative kitty behaviour on it. She "needed" to be in a quiet home, she peed on things if she got upset, she could not be around other animals...etc. Whether thats the reason people returned her or not I don;t know but I think thats part of it. Anyway, she surpassed everyone's expectation (except mine). Her little love- me -up personality was there from day one....I just wanted her back to a healthy kitty. Her fur grew back (its a fine down though....no real underhair and she needs some special lotion in wintertime to prevent it from drying and cracking) and she is on Prozac to neutralize the peeing aspect of things, but other than that I couldn't have made a better choice. I went with my instinct and I am so proud and happy with her. She has taken to our three other cats and still hates our dog but we are working on it. All it takes is time and lots of nurturing and love and I believe ANY animal can get over the hump. Anyway, her life is now filled with love and all the pats she can get. That is her story. Thanks for asking!

PS: Amberlee...so you actually HAVE 13 cats???????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A great story - and a great kitty! She's beautiful - inside and out!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

What a sad story
    But, with a happy ending. Glad she found a forever home with you

Wow, not only is she a beautiful kitty, but you are a beautiful human! Way to stick it though...the world needs more people like you. I haven't ever seen such a beautifully marked face!! Welcome to PT!