Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing Right by Mz Logan? So Upset! UPDATE Apr 12

Am I doing Right by Mz Logan? So Upset! UPDATE Apr 12

Last week, while giving Logan a massage, I felt a small, hard lump, below where her navel would be, near her crotch. The vet immediately fit me in and took a needle biopsy. Today she called and said the results were inconclusive. Fatty tissue as well as lymphocites.

So I made the hard decision to have the lump removed on Thursday. If it's not serious, I saved her, if it is serious, I feel I hopefully nipped it in the bud.

Of course my heart is pounding and I feel sick. I can't stop petting her. Worse yet, I'll be alone and hope I can get her in and out of my new car, which is higher for her to to jump into. I have steps which she'll us up but not down. I don't want her to hurt herself.

Of course, she has no clue what's in store. So innocent. She just wants me to pet her, more than normal, so I'm praying she's feeling OK. She eats, drinks, poops normal. Her hip is bothering her, but that's not unusual.

Did I make the right decision, rather than ignore it? Please keep Mz Logan in your prayers. I can't stop crying. This was so sudden. The vet can't believe I found the lump, it's in a weird place.
    Last edited by K9karen; 04-12-2011 at 10:50 PM.

I've been Boooo'd!

Yes, you did the right thing.

The vet will remove the lump and some tissue all around it. Be sure you have it sent to the lab for biopsy.

Mz. Logan will recover from the removal.

The biopsy results will tell you what that lump is and you need to know that You don't WANT to know, but yeah, you need to know.

The lab will also test the tissue all around the lump. You want that to be free of the cells in the lump -- which means the vet excised te whole thing, none of those cells are left in her body.

It will be scary / worrisome until you get that lab report back -- I know, I've been through this at least twice in the past 4 years, since getting dogs in my life.

I pray you get the same positive results I've had both times.

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    I have steps which she'll us up but not down. I don't want her to hurt herself. . . . .

She just wants me to pet her, more than normal
    Me again. She wants more petting, most likely because she is picking up on your emotions. IF you can (and this is NOT easy), try to live in the present, as she does.

So getting her up into the car will be alright. Getting her down, can you use a big beach towel, hold it around her middle and ease her down thee steps that way? Maybe practice a few times now, before her surgery.

You made the right decision. Mz Logan will be in my prayers. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I think you made the same choice we all would have for Logan. Good luck to you and Mz Logan!

Of course you made the right decision, because, either way - you would have worried .......... Miz Logan knows you are looking after her, and so do we.

Can someone help you get her in and out of the car at the Vet office?
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Yes, you made the right decision. I hope that there will be a good outcome. Mz. Logan remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

You've made the right decision. If you were to leave it alone it would haunt you and you'd eventually have to have it removed anyway. 5 years ago the lump in my breast wasn't cancerous but all I could think was get it out! Leaving it would have driven me crazy.

Try to be positive. You will be able to get her to/from the vet. She will do fine and will be just fine afterwards. Believe. You can do this!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Cincy has had more lumps and bumps removed then I can count. she has had some in the belly/mammary gland area, that although not cancerous the vet said had a good blood supply and all the signs of turning into cancer. She's had 1 at the base of her tail, and under her arm (neither cancer) and one on her leg (that was cancer). I think she has had a surgery every year for the past 2-3. Everytime I question if putting her under is the right thing. And everytime it works out just fine and she is her normal self long before she is allowed to play, and that is the biggest challenge!

You are doing the right thing and you are a great doggy mommy...that is why you found the lump most people wouldn't. Best wishes for Logan!

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry!! I pray Logan will be okay and it's nothing to worry about. Either way, you DEFINITELY made the right decision. The animals can't take themselves to the vet. Poor baby. It's difficult trying to help them through it. That's all you can do. Like Sandie said, all animals know is the present. It's very difficult to do when you're heart is breaking.

and hugs,

Donna and furcrew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

OK, I can't add any more, it's all been said very well. Yes, you made the right decision; we're all with you and Logan, both in our prayers. The vet techs can help you getting her in the car if necessary. {{{hugs}}}
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yes - absolutely you are doing the right thing.

Prayers for Mz Logan for a favorable outcome.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

You made the right decisions. Will be keeping good thoughts and prayers for Mz. Logan's recovery.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

No doubt

You did the right thing. If the lump was on the small side, she'll be fine to walk. I had Prue spayed several months ago, and within a few hours of being spayed, she was walking and got into the car as well as up the steps. She was groggy, but still able to walk.

Hugs to you and sweet Ms. Logan. She'll be fine, I promise.

You made the right decision. No question about it.

Find someone to help you get her out of the car. Even a long board would help, lay it in your yard to set up before she jumps out.

Good luck and lots of prayers to you both!