Warning - this is a rant of sorts - so if you don't like rants this is not for you.
This a.m. I had an email in my in box, and not in spam. It was another internet money scam, but this time mailed by an employee (?) of a U.S. company, as I verified this. At the end of the mail it had that blurb where they say the info enclosed within is private and to delete if you are not the intended recipient, yadda-yadda-yadda, and named the company. Out of curiosity I Googled the company name, and it is a legit company with a rather large website, and listing many offices in the U.S., and 4 in the UK. They listed some general email addresses, and I compared it to the sender's email name, and saw that it genuinely was sent from one of their company computers.
So I decided to contact them and give them a heads up as to what at least one of their employees was up to. I was wanting to talk/forward mail to someone in HR, but it didn't list any email that I could forward this scam to, except for media and the like, so I called the corporate office which had a toll free number. It caught me off guard because a real person answered, and I didn't get a recording. Told her I needed to speak to someone in HR or someone else in authority (after telling her briefly why), and she connected me. Unfortunately I got a voice mail, but left my name and number and requested a call back. So far I have not heard back, but surely hope that I do. It's bad enough that we get all the scummy scams from Nigeria, and now people here in the U.S./UK are sending it out at their employer's expense??? What a bunch of lowlife scumbags!!! I'd surely like to see this person at least reprimanded for her actions, if not fired!
I believe it might have originated in one of the UK offices too, since the money amount was referenced in Euros and not dollars. Also the reply to name was not hers, but a man whose address and phone number was in Brussels, Belgium.
So does anyone think I am wrong to want it reported? It appears that this person has too much time on her hands, and is also putting a very big blemish on the company she works for, not to mention being a lowlife in general. When anything similar happened where I used to work, the offending party would be out the door before they knew what hit them. There were a couple of instances where this did happen to a couple of long time employees. One was for inappropriate email sent within the office, and another one for ordering illegal drugs from overseas on her computer, and having them delivered to the mailroom. Not too bright.....

Okay - rant over. Sorry I rambled, but this whole thing really offended my sense of decency. What the h3ll is wrong with people these days? What a bunch of common thieves - trying to make a killing at the expense of honest and hard working people, and those of us that were all of their working lives!