Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frost vomiting white foam & not eating *Update March 22nd, post 19*

Frost vomiting white foam & not eating *Update March 22nd, post 19*

HI Guys, It's been a long time but I am really worried about Frost. My little man is having some issues. He has been having issues with a furball the last 2 days but today things have taken a turn. He stopped eating. He is vomiting white foam and is very unhappy. He gives me hell when I try to pick him up and he has been giving me his whiny 'mommy help me' cry on and off as well.

Guido just got off the phone with the ER Vet and we were told to keep a cllose eye on him, check when he goes no. 1 & 2. I am really freaking out. This month has been a nightmare and we do not have vet money until Guido gets paid on the 30th. We may have one possibility and that is the vet for ENPA. We drop off a lot of food from Guido's work for ENPA and the president has told Guido to just let her know if we need anything and she will line it up. Unfortunately we will not be able to get anything done even through them until monday.

I know it isn't anything he shouldn't have gotten into because he is a super fussy guy and will only eat his crunchies (only fit 32 & sensible 33 nothing else)and drink water. He won't even touch treats, canned food or human stuff like, ham, tuna, shrimp, etc...absolutely nothing but his own food.

Please keep my baby boy in your thoughts and send lots of good vibes that this is nothing more than a stomach bug or something simple to cure.

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by kittycats_delight; 03-22-2011 at 04:12 PM.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Has he been urinating?

He has been urinating. Everything is ok on that front. There is not blood in it. They aren't just little dribbles & they aren't huge pee biscuits. They appear to be normal in all ways.

Prayers for Frost on the way! Let us know.

Missed you on here.

I wonder if it is a bowel obstruction or something? I would push to get an ultrasound......good luck. Prayers for Frost.

We'll be thinking of him, I agree with Cataholic, may be a bowel obstruction or something similar. Hope he's okay!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry to hear this. I sure hope that whatever is causing this can be easily treated. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

The ENPA vet just called us and we have to bring Frost in there in about 35 minutes. I am trying to get dressed & type this at the the same time. Kinda hard typing with one hand and pulling up your pants with the other. Will update when we get back. Keep all fingers, toes, tails, paws, whiskers and everything else crossed for us that this is nothing serious and can be fixed so my little boy can feel good again. Thanks guys.

Michelle & Frost

I´m no cat expert but it does sounds as obstruction... the trying to vomit with no luck then the stop eating..

if he hasn´t ate anything weird.. it might be what you think a very persistent furball

hope the vet can determine what it is and help him.. best of luck.. will be waiting when you come back
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

There is no obstruction of any kind anywhere. Intestines, bowel are clear, stomach is empty, bladder is empty. He was dehydrated. Vet says there are only 2 possibilities and they are renal issues (he has very small kidneys) and liver. I can't remember the name he said in Italian. The liver thing is basically he is having problems of processing the fat and it is over working the liver. Won't know that for a few days. He said also it could very well be a stomach bug. So Frost is on 5 days of anti-vomit meds, 5 days of fluids & antibiotics. He bit me twice while getting his injections and fought like a monster too. He actually tore away from both me & the vet and pulled out the butterfly needle with the sub-q's. He is resting behind the door being pissed at the world. Promise to keep you all updated on my little blue monster.

Michelle & Frost

awww.. hope he feels better soon.. and whatever the cause heals fast..

good thing you now have a base to start with..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I sure hope that whatever it is that he'll feel better soon. Maybe he might also need a diet change. He may have a very sensitive tummy. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Hi everyone,

So last night we got through our first forced feeding and sub-q fluid treatment. Just after he had his sub-q fluids he went to the water dish and decided to have a drink. Since then he has drank atleast 4 times that I have seen. This morning he had his first snack on his own. He ate about 20 or so kibble. He is due for his antibiotic shot in about 30 minutes & his another sub-q treatment. I think he will be fighting me A LOT on those. He is quite active today and even wanted to greet his doggie friends that live upstairs. They come to our door and as soon as he sees their shadow he scratches on the door for me to let them in. Which is exactly what he did this morning He is giving me headbumps and he just finished a second snack & his first peepee while I was typing this. So far so good. We have 5 days of antibiotics to do so we are hoping for a steady improvement. Keep everything crossed and keep those good thoughts & healing vibes coming.

Michelle & Frost

It sounds like things are turning around now. Too bad your vet couldn't give Frost a shot of Convenia, the antibiotic that lasts for two weeks, then you wouldn't have to do it. I'm glad Frost is doing better.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I don't mind at all giving him injections. I did his injections about 20 minutes ago by myself. He settled right down between my knees and he didn't even feel the needles piercing the skin.

I don't know if any of you recall a few years ago but Guido's cat Micia was quite ill and we had to give her injections twice a day to help keep her comfortable. I did all those without much trouble. And the fact that for about 6 years I was injecting myself twice a day with insulin didn't hurt. LOL

So, all seems to be going ok (knock on wood) for now. He will get another sub-q treatment this evening but I don't foresee any issues with that.

Will keep you all updated as things progress. Thank you all again.

Michelle & Frost