Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling All Cat Lovers Who Might Have Room for 2 Cats that were abandoned

Calling All Cat Lovers Who Might Have Room for 2 Cats that were abandoned

Hi All-

I received a call tonight from a lady who's mom rents out an apartment. Last Friday night her son called her and told her that there was a cat in the window and that all the stuff was gone inside the apartment. His mom went over to check this out and the cats litter box was overflowing, the cats had no food, no water. They were abandoned.

Just so sad. She said everything else is gone but the cats and the dishes and the litter box. Her mom has never had anything like this happen. The tenants were not supposed to move out till April 1st so it's just a good thing that her son was paying attention and noticed the kitties in the window because the lady told me that she wasn't planning on going in there till April 1st.

So I told her I will help her as much as I can by trying to find these 2 cats the home they deserve to have.

This is the information I know so far on the cats:

1 is a calico and the other is a black and white cat, she isn't sure if that's a male or female but she was guessing it was a female.

The cats were adults when they moved in there and the lady is guessing that the cats are maybe 2-3 yrs old.

She said they have their claws too. She has to get rid of them by the end of this month due to new tenants moving in. She is going to see if the new tenants would keep them but I don't know how that is going to work out.

The lady is going to send me pictures tomorrow night. She also told me that she is willing to drive them to anywhere if someone is willing to give them a forever home and she will even give money towards the first vet visit too.

Please if anyone knows of anyone that might be able to help, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks!

I really hope they are able to find a good loving home- they deserve it!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

This makes me both sad and angry at the same time. I'll never understand people who abandon their animals or dump them some where. I sure hope that you'll be able to find some one who will want to adopt both cats. Good luck.

I think I"m going to try our local shelter just to see if they might have room, I hate to do that to them especially since they were abandoned but I don't know, I can't finacially take on 2 more so hopefully I can find them a good home. I'm just glad the son called the mom and that the mom went investigate this and she is giving them all sorts of loving, food, and water.

I wish she could take them and she wishes she could too but she already has cats and her husband is allergic so they can't have anymore.

Melissa

Same Here too..

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    This makes me both sad and angry at the same time. I'll never understand people who abandon their animals or dump them some where. I sure hope that you'll be able to find some one who will want to adopt both cats. Good luck.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Why are so many people so SICKENING?

Prayers that the perfect home is found for these dear cats. And thanks and God's blessings to the son and mother who discovered their abandonment and are helping them. And to you too, Melissa, for reaching out on their behalf.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Here are some photos that I just got.

They look so healthy that I just can't believe someone would leave them behind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	421.4 KB 
ID:	46971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	482.6 KB 
ID:	46972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	431.0 KB 
ID:	46973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	509.5 KB 
ID:	46974  

They're both gorgeous. I hope that some one will be able to adopt them or at least take them in until they are able to find their forever loving home. Good luck.

Found a place for them to go

These two babies are going to stay with a lady who lives near Pittsburgh and she currently has some cats but all are vet checked and spayed/neutered. She doesn't declaw and thinks it's cruel, she rescues stray cats and has them fixed and builds houses for them to stay in, etc.

I will have to tell her about this group too

Shelly is going to be taking the 2 cats to the vets on Monday evening to get an overall check up and have them combo tested.

Then next Saturday I'll drive them out to meet this lady who has agreed to take them in. She will try to find them a home but if they don't they will remain with her.

This couldn't have worked out any better

Melissa

Oh, that's wonderful. God bless these dear cats and all who brought them to finding safety and love and home.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

This is wonderful news. I hope that everything works out.

Well Shelly wants me to try finding them a home closer if possible. She tried to see if her brother would take them, he has a big house with no pets but he doesn't want them. So sad....he said they can stay for right now but not forever.

Shelly said she can't take them in because she has 2 and her husband is allergic.

So I told her I would post for them again and see if anyone might be interested in taking in these 2 sweethearts.

They were taken to a vet, tested negative for FIV/FELV, and they are both spayed and in a good shape!

Please let me know if you might be or know someone that might want to adopt them!

Thanks!
    Melissa

Well, that's just stinky!! At least they'd have a good home if they went there!! Who cares that it's near Pittsburgh?!

I'd have a talk with this woman if I were you and suggest she go with the person near Pitt. Doesn't sshe want them to have a forever home SOON???

what darlings they both are, i just cannot understand people, obviously they have been well taken care of by the looks of then, and just to up and leave them, makes me so MAD.

I sure hope they find a loving home that they so deserve, i am confused as to why the lady in Pittsburgh cannot have them,where does it matter where they go as long as it is a good home.

Keeping all fingers and paws crossed for them to be safely in their forever home soon.,and bless you for all you always do for these precious furbabies, you are a cat angel for sure.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

What difference does it make where they go as long as the home is a good one and forever? Sigh. It's so disheartening. And the people who abandoned them...well, there's so much I can say but I won't. Abandoning animals w/no food and water and no chance of survival is so cruel. I do hope that things work out for these sweethearts and that they get to stay together, t oo.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11