Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's a sad SAD day :(

3.7.11. Hi Mooshi, I've been wondering what was going on today. Hope you are doing ok. It's good to know that Titan has had vet medical attention Wow! That 2d photo sure looks bad but with antibiotics I suppose he will be ok. I smiled when you said Titan wasnt afraid at the vet and the barking big dog didnt scare him. I guess he's young and will adapt or maybe forget what happened. He's a good boy! I dont know what to say about Zeus except I would be afraid to have him near Titan in the future. Maybe the stay at the kennel will shed a new light on what's going on with him. Thanks for the update... Kay in NC

I am glad to hear an update, at least on Titan. I'll still wait for the update on Zeus.
    I know this must be so difficult for you. As I said in the other "dog attacks" thread, I do not know what I would do in your situation. I can't even fathom it, so unless it happened to me, I'm not even going to think about it.
    I hope whatever decision is made will be the right one for all involved.

More big hugs for you, and please give little Titan some loves for me. Also some for Zeus too.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Titan's photos brought me to tears. I hope he makes a quick recovery, Good luck with Zeus. I wish we could speak "canine' to figure out what happened.

I've been Boooo'd!

When i got titan home and well zeus's scent is still around poor thing he cowered and peed on himself and started shaking i gave him his time didn't rush anything he got up on his own sniffed around and when he realized zeus isn't to be found he went back to his old self and blaze did a great job in greeting him with a sweet kiss and a play bow and of course a big wooowoo. i will go visit zeus tomorrow at the kennel and see how he's doing the house isn't the same without him around holding his ball in his mouth acting like a big goof ball.

Thank you all for the support and im sure titan will enjoy his hugs and kisses from you all

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshi
    the house isn't the same without him around holding his ball in his mouth acting like a big goof ball.
    Please give Zeus a gentle hug for me. As worried as I am about Titan I am worried about Zeus at the kennel too. I hope this will come to the best possible ending. I'm with K9Karen, in that I wish we could speak "canine" and figure out what happened. ((HUGS)) of course for Titan and for Blaze and Queen Ka, too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    You need to be very, very careful with Zeus from now on. He can never be allowed near Titan again. I'd never let him near any dog, any size, any breed ever again! A fight that can't be broken up and lasts more than 30 minutes is not normal dog behavior for any breed. ... To rehome a dog with that kind of history is irresponsible and puts the first owner at great risk...the original owner could still be liable if the dog attacked again.
    I absolutely agree. Not normal dog behavior AT ALL. I know it's a terrible thing to think about and deal with, but you should NOT rehome Zues. Just like with some people, sadly, some dogs have something "not quite wired right" in their brains.

I had a JRT that almost killed a border collie/ACD mix that was easily four times her size. She ripped out her ear canal and ripped her windpipe. The JRT had half her head buried in the other dog's neck, literally, trying to kill her. It took a month of daily vet visits, surgery, drain tubes, antibiotics, and thousands of dollars to save her life. She now has no sense of balance, and walks in circles with her head held at an angle, and always will.

I had to kick the JRT with all my strength several times before I finally knocked the wind out of her and got her off. Then I had to hold her down on the ground with my foot on her neck to keep her from going right back for the kill. Surprising I didn't kill her. She was completely insane ... nothing mattered by killing the other dog. These two dogs had always gotten along, I had never had a single aggressive issue with either one. Needless to say, I had to make some very unpleasant choices. But there was only one ethical, responsible choice, and I had to make it.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshi View Post
    When i got titan home and well zeus's scent is still around poor thing he cowered and peed on himself and started shaking i gave him his time didn't rush anything he got up on his own sniffed around and when he realized zeus isn't to be found he went back to his old self and blaze did a great job in greeting him with a sweet kiss and a play bow and of course a big wooowoo. i will go visit zeus tomorrow at the kennel and see how he's doing the house isn't the same without him around holding his ball in his mouth acting like a big goof ball.

Thank you all for the support and im sure titan will enjoy his hugs and kisses from you all
    Oh My! Poor Titan was scared. Just the smell of Zeus made him upset. Can you imagine how glad and relieved Titan was/is to not find Zeus there? ((Hugs)to you and Titan... kay in NC

I haven't been around in a while and I'm so sorry to hear about this, it' makes me terribly sad

We've had issues with Bon and Huney before, usually over food. So when they eat they're kept seperate. I can't imagine having to make a decision of what to do and I pray that you can somehow make things work.

Good luck to you and lots of love sent to everyone

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I am so sorry to be reading this.. However I will aggree with Glacier 100% on this matter.. Huggss & Best of Luck to you all..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

10. Oh my gosh. i am sorry to hear of this but glad Titans hopefully on the road to a speedy recovery an wish you the very best of luck with both Zeus an Titan.

Kirbys known to start fights often so i isolate him from other dogs. its a bit of a pain in my rump but oh well. i find this just works better for everyone an a whole lot stressful an worry some as well.

so sorry you had to witness this..

glad Titan is ok.. and nothing worse happened..

add em to the list of having fighter dogs.. my girls (also husky but could be any breed..) were fine n dandy until someday something made Ninja snap.. and she went for China full charge.. in this case the fight was broken within secs but the damage was great.. blood all over.. and China became very very scared and is still very easily spooked.. she had always been very submissive so I´m not sure what triggered Ninja to attack her.. but since then they have to be separated 24/7.. ALWAYS.. sometimes Ninja will even plunge at the fence at her.. and China is just sitting in the other side and at times she even is trying to lick Ninja and such.. but Ninja just gets so mad she has her nose all scratched and sometimes bloody from the fierce charging at the gate (chain link over gate).. they (her) cannot be trusted near China.. nor small animals.. and my guess is Zeus won´t/ shouldn´t be from now on..

Ninja is a great dog.. and I can make her stop her snarling/growling and whatever but alone unsupervised?.. oh no.. not at all..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365