Thread: Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Funny how we get encouragement from the most interesting places. I have been unhappy at my job for some time now, not because I don't like what I do or the company I work for, but because my boss can be very difficult. She doesn't know how to talk to people and I think she is a bit of a manipulator, doing what she can to keep information from people so that she is more "important" and would be difficult to replace. And she's a bully. Anyway, it's time to move on but that's often quite frightening and I sometimes think, well, the devil I know is better than the devil I don't.. .blah blah blah. . .even though this devil has made me cry with her nasty tone and insulting remarks. Maybe I should wait. . .maybe I won't find a job. . .maybe no one will hire me. . .what's the use in this economy. . .etc.

So I get this fortune cookie "Delay is the most detrimental form of denial"

and I start applying for jobs both within and outside of my company.

So far, no luck and I start to get discouraged. Again I think. . .what's the use. . .I don't have the right skills. . .I'm too old for this nonsense. . .etc

and then I get this fortune cookie "If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten"

Think someone's trying to tell me something?

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Hee hee! This is a new month - and the only month that is a verb, so March! Go for it!
    I've Been Frosted

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hee hee! This is a new month - and the only month that is a verb, so March! Go for it!
    Karen, what a great thing to say! I never thought about it that way but you're absolutely right. Is it okay if I share this with my co-workers?

Hi Catherinedana, things will work out for you. An English teacher I had in high school used to say, "Take a chance. Columbus did and look what he found!"
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE