Thread: Amazing Race

Hybrid View

Last night's elimination was not surprising, but I thought they handled it as gracefully as could be imagined. I wish that team all the best ...

Who are you folks rooting for now?

We SOOO would have done the "decorate the elephant" task, no matter what! Even Army Dave, who is normally so serious and focussed during tasks, was grinning as he hauled himself up on to the elephant's back!
    I've Been Frosted

AAAACK! I am so bummed! I wanted the outcome to be different. We'll see what happens next week!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That's the finish I expected. If they do another "Unfinished Business" race, I hope Team KY will get to run it again.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I was happy with the race outcome. I think Army Dave and Rachel work pretty well together, and that she knows how much of his yelling is serious and how much is just misdirected frustration, and they make it work. I was glad they won. I *almost* felt bad for the Border Patrol guy who just could not stay on the sled, he seemed to have just given up far too soon physically, and in this challenge being a larger person was a detriment - I figured both Rachels would have better balance on the sled. That they had given $5000 to Bopper's daughter's bills earlier in the race was the only reason I had any respect for them, otherwise they often seemed kinda petty and childish.

I, too, would love to see Team Kentucky get to race again - once that knee if fully recovered, of course. I kinda sorta almost felt sorry for Vanessa running on that injured ankle, but she had been so catty to other teams throughout the race, I was not rooting for her to win, and thought she should have considered taking the penalty and moving on rather than the pointless continued attempts. I thought her partner handled the situation as well as it could be, and gave her the choice.
    I've Been Frosted