Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a romantic?

Are you a romantic?

The Valentines thread got me thinking....

Are you a romantic? not just on Valentines day but in general.

like do flowers, candle lit dinners etc etc make you swoon?

I am NOT a romantic lol. If I came home and Brian had a candlelit dinner set out with soft music and flowers I'd probably be so weirded out I would probably feel so awkward through out the whole thing. It's just not me... it's not US.

I always say I'm too loud to be romantic. it seems (in movies) all those romantic scenes require hushed music and soft voices and yadda yadda... yeah I don't do quiet lol.

my idea of "romatic" would be coming home and Brian having a drink made for me and the Habs game ready to go on TV and then play a round of wii bowling after or something lol.

so I definitely don't fit into the romance category

what about you? do you love romance? are you like me and don't really feel it? or do you just not care in general?

or even better what is your idea of romance?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I am with you, I'm not romantic at all!!
    However, a couple years ago Bruce surprised me with dinner and all the normal Valentines Day stuff. I liked that because he never does surprises. It was at home, no hushed music. We actually watched TV during dinner. LOL

But yeah, those kinds of restaurants that are candle lit and all fancy...........no thanks!!

Today all Bruce has done (and I think this will be all) is send me three cute emails with doggie's and valentines things in them. That's enough for me!

I got him a card that says - sometimes I want to hug you so tight you pop. And on the inside it says - and sometimes I just want to pop you. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Being a good father to my children is what turns me on...I know that sounds silly but after 31 years together and two grown children that is what is important to me...they are my life, I would do anything for them and he feels the same.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I am not romantic AT ALL. I find it contrived, and more than a little wierd.

My husband is hopelessly romantic, and always buying flowers and cards. Waste of good money, IMO.

We have such a role-reversal on the stereotype of the woman always wanting romantic gestures and the guy forgetting it's even supposed to be a special day. I had no idea today was Valentine's Day until DH was all mushy this morning. Gag.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I am with you, I'm not romantic at all!!
    However, a couple years ago Bruce surprised me with dinner and all the normal Valentines Day stuff. I liked that because he never does surprises. It was at home, no hushed music. We actually watched TV during dinner. LOL

But yeah, those kinds of restaurants that are candle lit and all fancy...........no thanks!!

Today all Bruce has done (and I think this will be all) is send me three cute emails with doggie's and valentines things in them. That's enough for me!

I got him a card that says - sometimes I want to hug you so tight you pop. And on the inside it says - and sometimes I just want to pop you. LOL
    HAHAHAHA that is so perfect. That's exactly the kind of card I would get Brian lol

I know everyone has their own idea of romance whether it's candle lit dinners or a hockey game or what have you.

As far as romantic I mean the mainstream movie kind of romantic.

For me it's when Brian says "you go sleep and I'll watch Hannah. you need the sleep" when he got as little sleep as I did and I know he's got to be just as tired.

or when we play a game of monopoly together on our phones and we cheat to beat the AI's lol like he'll pay me $1000 for a $100 property if I need cash in the game. lol but then when it comes down to just the two of us left it's no holds barred lol

We tell each other 20 times a day "I love you", we kiss and hug all the time... but I just don't know HOW to do the mushy, sweep me off my feet and whisk me away to a romantic dinner. It's just not in me I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Hahaha that's hilarious! I just keep giggeling. I wish I found a card like that for my husband. That's fantastic!

I love romance. We live such a hectic, busy life with 2 young children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, that we don't make enough time for quiet, romantic dinners and such, so tonight I'm going to make a nice dinner for hubby and I to enjoy after the kids are in bed.

Romance means different things to different people. That's just one of those things that makes us all unique and interesting!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Romance means different things to different people. That's just one of those things that makes us all unique and interesting!
    Yeah I clarified in another post. what I meant by romantic was this

As far as romantic I mean the mainstream movie kind of romantic.

Am I a romantic? Yes, I get Mike cards and stuff, but is he a romantic? No. We talked about that yesterday, and he started calling me, "honey, baby, sweetie" just to see how it sounds, and I told him to stop, because it sounded like he was a different person and it didn't seem like who he is at all. Plus, he was making me laugh because I couldn't take any of it seriously. But I love him. This morning he texted me before going into work, "Hey! Happy Valentine's Day. I love you." and I just felt all warm and mushy. I think that's enough.

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    I am not romantic AT ALL. I find it contrived, and more than a little wierd.

My husband is hopelessly romantic, and always buying flowers and cards. Waste of good money, IMO.

We have such a role-reversal on the stereotype of the woman always wanting romantic gestures and the guy forgetting it's even supposed to be a special day. I had no idea today was Valentine's Day until DH was all mushy this morning. Gag.
    This last sentence made my day...good thing I wasn't drinking anything!!!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Hubby accuses me of not being romantic all the time. I think its hokey.

I prefer to show my love and affection with little things like bringing him a fresh glass of soda or him clearing snow off my car in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    I prefer to show my love and affection with little things like bringing him a fresh glass of soda or him clearing snow off my car in the winter.
    This is great! I have a friend that has been married about 20 years and her husband still does little things like this. Like gasing up her car, washing her car, fixing her a drink, making dinner or breakfast. They are still so darn cute together.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

14. LOL i must not be romantic either

I am not romantic in the sense of expensive restraunts and diamonds and such. I always tell Doug if he has the money to buy me a large diamond anything to instead get me a puppy from a reputable breeder. A diamond is so cold where a puppy gives warmth and fun. lol

But I am a romantic in the sense that I love surprises and I love to spoil people. I love how romantic Doug is. He does little notes for me sometimes, or runs a bath for the two of us, or will sing to me and so on. I enjoy making and serving him meals, keeping him in baking(this is difficult because he goes through it so fast lol), spoiling him with things he loves like his guitar or Martial Arts classes. As it was said. Romance is different to each person.