Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woman falls into fountain at a mall

LOL What a stupid stupid women. Had I been there and seen it I would have giggled my head off. To dumb to walk. It really is funny.
    She has no right to muddy go the legal system with her nonesense claim.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Her leg went up WAAAAAY too quickly for it to have been an accident.

I see "SET UP" and a frivilous lawsuit on it's way. I hope the mall enters the video into evidence, which clearly proves it was staged, and the judge tosses it out.
    I thought the same thing - that she did it on purpose. I went back and watched it again and you're right Donna. Her left leg went way up before she toppled into the fountain. Who walks like that? In fact, I'm thinking if she didn't raise her leg like that she wouldn't have flipped over into it. She would have just smacked her knees and stumbled forward off balance a little....not flipped.

Someone said she worked at this mall. Maybe the person that submitted the video to you tube was a friend of hers and an accomplice. He'd get a cut of her settlement money. Wow, I'm reading too far into this. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I've been in that position before. hahaha One time in high school I was walking to my mom's car while texting and there was a vertical pole sticking out in the air (I forget what, 'course I didn't see it either, ) and I ran right into it. Had a fat lip for days! I don't text while doing something that requires my attention anymore. lol

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I always say you can't idiotproof the world! I saw a funny comment on another forum: How could they help? Hand her a towel. She got out of the fountain pretty quick so she wasn't hurt. If you act foolishly and get caught on tape, you have no one to blame but yourself.
    I've seen people walk into walls, walk into on coming traffic, knock into elderly and baby strollers and jump off buses into people waiting to board all while texting. Seems everyone is becoming more and more oblivious to their surroundings and obsessed with their phones. Darwinism at work I think. The ones stupid enough to risk their own and others safety, get what they deserve!
    I laughed and thought "well done"! Sounds like she's a con artist to boot!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Doesn't CA have a worke's compensation program? On Ohio, we would never address fault in that situation.
    Of course there is a WC program here. Fault is not the issue as to who pays - the company pays. That's true in every state. But that does not mean the company cannot - and should not - take action with employees who do not work safely.

It is possible to make the case that an accident/injury at work does not arise out of and in the course of employment - but that is extremely difficult.

But I am a believer that there should be consequences for failing to follow safey rules. Just because the company has to pay doesn't mean there shouldn't be consequences for the employee. Accidents - for the most part - don't just happen and if the accident happens because the employee didn't follow the proscribed procedure/safety rules - it is no different than if there is a violation of any other workplace procedure/rule.
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 01-21-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Whatever the basis for her suit I really don't care. The point to me is if you can't be responsible for your own stupidity then stay home.

On the other hand I did watch the video again and I think it is a set up, I hadn't noticed the leg before...so here I am doubled over for the second time.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My-my-my!!! Just how did we ever make it this far in life before the world of a cell phone seemingly glued to your ear, or your little thumbs just zooming across the keys, composing that oh so important message that has to be sent (or answered) right away???

My long term memory is excellent - just let me think for a second. Oh yes - that's it!!! If we were at home, we picked up the telephone and called the person we needed to correspond with. And God forbid, if they didn't answer (before the era of the answering machine), well you just tried again later until you finally were able to speak with them. And of course there were those times when you weren't at home with a phone at your disposal, that you did need one. OMG - what to do now??? Ah yes - that good old pay phone and the phone booth, dotting street corners and numerous spots in the mall. You actually put money in the slots at the top of the phone, and magically you were given x-amount of minutes to talk, A long conversation??? - drop in more coins or get disconnected!

Yes - those were the good old days - and we actually survived to make it this far in life. How did we ever manage????????????

Sarcastic??? - yes of course - afterall - I'm quite good at that. True??? - you bet - and those facts can't be denied. I could count on one hand the number of times I have used text, and the times that I have - I've been in my own home and sitting down! I just DO NOT like it. And use my cell phone??? - well the only reason I have one to start with - is for use in an emergency when I'm not at home. I will not talk on it while driving either, so don't even call me and expect me to answer until I stop at my destination.

So while progress and technology is wonderful, it would be even more wonderful if people would use it more responsibly.

Okay - rant (of sorts) is now over and I am stepping down from the soap box!

So have a nice weekend all, and remember, text responsibly, or I may be viewing you on YouTube! The life (and dignity) you save, may be your own.............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Okay, this girl stole her co-workers credit card and ran up $5,000 in purchases. I'd say her credibility is just about NILL!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I, for one, am tired of having to dodge these idiots texting while walking along a sidewalk, walking to my destination at the mall, and getting on a bus or train. I don't text at all and have no intention of starting. As for my cell phone when I'm out of the house it's off, it's with me only in case of emergency.

I have zero sympathy for this moron and hope she gets laughed out of court with this frivolous lawsuit.

Ellie, you're absolutely right about doing just fine before all this started then took over day to day life. Progress might have been alright once but now it's gone on for too long.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE