Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel SO bad (Mean kat mawmee story)

I feel SO bad (Mean kat mawmee story)

Last night, Basil turned into "crazy kitty" and was attacking Noel. I don't let him do that while I'm there, because she absolutly hates Basil and it completely annoys her.

Well, she was being sweet and cute by playing in the upside down tent and peaking out at me every so often. All the while, little Basil was hunched in "attack" mode and I was keeping him from bothering her. I turned my head to talk to my hubby and when I looked back at where Basil and Noel were, I saw Basil jump in the still upside down tent. I got the squirt bottle because I know it's harder for them to get out of the tent when it's like that. I squirted the tent, above the tent, all around the tent. Poor, wet Basil jumped out.....just as Noel walks in from the den!!! I felt terrible....I completely ambushed poor Basil.

Is that not the most cruel thing you've heard? I feel so terrible.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Don't worry, he'll dry off and forget about it. Chester loves to scratch at the door leading to the upstairs. He gets squirted often. I bout drowned him yesterday. I felt bad too because it's cold here. He's getting so the squirting doesn't bother him. We are trying to out stubborn each other. I'm sure a yummy treat will help Basil forgive you faster.

little kitties just can't help themselves. I've always used collars with bells on my kittens so that at least the older cats know that they are about to get attacked!

MEAN MOMMY KAT! Poor little baby Basie. I think you should immediately get in your car, with Basil, and drive to my house. I will adopt Basil and we will live happily ever after! This is for Basil's own good. Now, get in that car!!

Originally posted by Cataholic
    MEAN MOMMY KAT! Poor little baby Basie. I think you should immediately get in your car, with Basil, and drive to my house. I will adopt Basil and we will live happily ever after! This is for Basil's own good. Now, get in that car!!
    Well....alright....

I once lived in a groundfloor flat with windows opening on to the yard. We had a big black cat called Batman, but there was another wild black cat in the yard. During the summer, this wild cat used to hop into our room and pee all over the place. This became so annoying that I decided to teach this marauder a lesson. I filled a large bucket of water and waited patiently. Suddenly, a big black cat appeared - POW - he got the full bucket right in his face. But unfortunately it was just poor old Batman who had been out for a little walk! He just COULDN’T understand what was going on, and I felt really bad about it.

john

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

John.....what a funny story...poor Batman....did he EVER forgive you????

I've done some accidental, clumsy things, like stepping on paws or dropping something in the kitchen on or near the kitty, but the only thing I did that really upset me (and still gives me a sick feeling in my stomach to think about) was when I was pregnant with my daughter and getting her nursery ready. We had a lovely girl kitty who was about 2 years old, and she naturally thought we had put that crib in that room just for her. We also had this quilted sling-like contraption in the crib (to make it into a mini-bassinet type thing), which the kitty LOVED to lay in. Now, I think when you're pregnant, you just generally get crazy and hyper anyway, and I thought I'd better dissuade the kitty from getting up in that crib once the baby was here, because I'd heard all those ridiculous tales of babies being killed by cats sleeping on their faces, etc. So when I found her in the "nest" one day, I picked her up out of there and proceeded to give her a "Joan Crawford-style" spanking and yelling, so that she would forever associate the crib with something unpleasant. Well, it worked - she not only wouldn't go anywhere near the crib, but wouldn't go anywhere near our daughter either. I have never to this day forgiven myself for that, and hopefully my kitty at the RB has found it in her big kitty heart to forgive me.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Oh no John!! Poor Batman....it's so horible that we can't even begin to explain to them our mistakes. Did he ever forgive you??

All Creatures, you poor thing...its sad when we can't explain ourselves to them But, I'm sure your sweet girl forgave you and just didn't want to be bothered with a little one...you know how these cats think.

Actually, he didn't have to forgive me, because he never did find out what had happened. He came back in a while later, dripping and desolate, and I don’t think he ever even associated it with me. He hadn’t the faintest idea what had happened, or why or how.
    Another time, I was woken by a neighbour extremely early in the morning who pointed out that our cat (Batman) was loose on the stairs.
    I sleepily let him in, and he wandered into the kitchen and started eating. I went back to bed, where I found - the real Batman waiting!! Then it was just a question of getting the other cat out before Batman discovered him eating his food, ‘cause then the fur would have started flying. They’ve got a cheek haven’t they, he walked in as if he owned the place!

john

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Catland , I agree with you ! The first day Inka was here , I immediately bought a collar with a tiny bell for her . It not only warns Maya that her baby sister is ready to attack her tail , it also tells me where she is trying to get in trouble all day long

Wow - that's a good idea. I wonder if I should bell Hanna? She is constantly attacking the two older cats, poor Bo takes it. I feel so bad for him, but he never gets upset with Hanna. Abby, on the other hand, gets really upset when attacked. Where ever Hanna has touched her, she will lick vigorously to get all those nasty kitten germs off.

Poor Basil. Cats are pretty quick to forgive, it seems.

Originally posted by Randi
    Another time, I was woken by a neighbour extremely early in the morning who pointed out that our cat (Batman) was loose on the stairs.
    I sleepily let him in, and he wandered into the kitchen and started eating. I went back to bed, where I found - the real Batman waiting!! Then it was just a question of getting the other cat out before Batman discovered him eating his food, ‘cause then the fur would have started flying. They’ve got a cheek haven’t they, he walked in as if he owned the place!
    john
    That is SO funny!!! I can only imagine what you thought when you got back to bed and saw Batman in your room! How funny!

NO, I think I deserve the bad mommy award.
    I probably should ask for a guarantee that I won't be reported to the anti cruelty society before I say this one...but it was an accident...
    My animals are my shadows...whomever said cats are independent never met mine.
    Anyway, a couple of months after I got Slushy she was doing her rountine of following me around and accidentally got her paw squished in the door.
    I was shutting the door and she was behind it playing...and there it went.
    I don't think I will ever forget that scream....that meow and her little face. Luckily she wasn't hurt...just probably a very sore paw.

She eventually forgave me, but she has not gone behind that door for very long ever since.

Ooooo I always feel so bad when I do any accidental scolding or stepping on etc. I always smother them with lovishing after I do anything like that. But you SHOULD feel guilty, poor Basil! He was just being a cat, after all.