Thread: Kitty and Garbage Cans

Kitty and Garbage Cans

Ok, I gotta ask...does anybody elses cat sit in the garbage can?
    It is hysterical.
    In the office we have one of those round wire waste paper baskets and my calico, Dawn, loves to lay in there...and Slushy is getting into it.
    Dawn will knock it down, push all the paper out of it, play with it for a few minutes by rolling it around the floor and then eventually lay it in. She can call that place home for the entire time I'm here in the office. If Slushy is in there she will swat at the tail ... kind of along the terms of "my garbage can. OUT!"
    Like I said, hysterical.

Welcome to Pet Talk!!
    That is histerical about your kitties and the garbage can!! I don't know what it is with cats and strange places...bags, boxes, garbage cans...LOL
    Mine haven't actually gotten into the garbage can, but they do love dilapidated boxes and bags and papers on the floor! Oh and the laundry basket too!

Do try and get a pic of your kitty in the trash can for us!!
    **hugs**

Iam sure they would if they could. But I keep it out of sight out of mind.

No, but when they smell tuna they like to make a mess and push it down.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Luckily this is the office garbage can so the worse thing in there usually is shredded paper (if not shredded they will be happy to do that too).

I would love to post a picture of them but haven't been able to figure out how to do it...

My bratty cat- Alabama, aka Allsters, LOVES garbage cans. She doesn't try to get into the food, she just wants to be in the can. I don't think she wants any can in the house to stand. She always knocks the bathroom and office can over. I hear it hit the floor, and sure enough, there Allsters is...just looking at me. She can't really fit in the cans anymore, not like she could when she was a kitten..

My kitties don't care much for garbage cans, but they do love laundry baskets - especially the ones with clean clothes in them.

My guys love garbage cans. One night they opened the closet where the can is, pulled out the can, proceded to pull out the garbage bag and spread garbage throughout the house. Now we have child locks on the door so they can't get to it.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Bosun used to get in the garbage to pick out chicken bones and meat scraps. This was soon after I adopted her and she still had feral habits. Now she knows she doesn't have to *work* for her food.

Wobbles doesn't like garbage acns, but she DOES love beer boxes.

We have a silvery coors light one we just can't bear to throw away because she sleeps in it all the time.