Thread: Poop ?

Poop ?

Hi I am new here but hve a question.

How can I get my 9 month old Labradoodle to poop outside home, he has never done it since I got him at 8 weeks old.

Thanks

Re: Poop ?

Welcome to Pet Talk Magic_doodle.

I have a female that would hold herself in for 1-2 days when
    we would go on vacation, because she would only
    want to poop in her own yard. She would only go
    in a spot that was secluded, where she could not
    hear any strange noises.
    When we got Rocky, Sheba started sniffing where
    he went and would finally go. Not sure how you would train a dog to poop outside of his yard.
    As a puppy, when Rocky was being
    potty trained, I would take him out on leash in our
    back yard, I would say the words, "Go Poo Poo"
    He learned that Poo Poo ment, go to the bathroom.
    So when we go camping, I just have to say,
    those magic words and he knows to go. lol

----<---<--<{(@

Hi there - my male Dalmatian (Captain) was exactly the same. He would not go anywhere but in the yard at home.

I also started with commands in the backyard - "Go and do your thing" whenever he went outside to do "his thing", and slowly but surely whenever we went for a walk, I would keep suggesting that everytime he sniffed a tree or stopped. Eventually he got the idea ....... and now he is a typical MALE dog.
    It did take awhile tho ....... only when he was over a year old did he even consider doing anything outside his yard.

We even went away overnight, and I swear he did not do ANYTHING the whole time ..... so we rushed home afterwards, and he ran out the back and just went "mad" so to speak.

I now have a female Dally (Ruby) who does NOTHING outside the yard when we walk, but when we go away, she happily copies Captain. We also taught her the "go do your thing".

Aren't dogs just wonderful ........... make you really use your mind, and then worry you out of your mind too!!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I've only had my dog for 6 days. She's a 1 year-old rescue. She would tinkle about twice a day at first and only poop about once every 2 days. We thought it was really strange, but the past few days she will tinkle as soon as we take her into the backyard (about 4 times a day, or more if we think she needs it) and will poop back there about once a day at least. Thank goodness... I was worried. She still hasn't done either on her walks or in the front yard. She also doesn't go when we leave her in the garage and she has only had one accident in the house even though she was not house-trained. Sounds like we should keep watching even though she seems to be doing so well with the house-training... bad habits could start once she's more comfortable with her new home.
    Susie's Mom